back to article Microsoft's 'official' Windows 8 Survival Guide leaks

[Note: We received this FAQ document anonymously and cannot confirm its authenticity. However, it has such dead useful advice, we thought we'd share it with you - Eds] Q. Who is this guide for? A. This guide is for users who want to take advantage of new technologies in Windows® - such as faster performance, shorter boot …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Morrie Wyatt
    Holmes

EU Browser ballot screen?

I wonder if Microsoft have learned their lesson, or are all Windows 8 users going to be limbered with IE as the default browser again? Will they offer a ballot screen in the tablet/mobile editions?

How much will it cost them this time?

2. Sel

ME Vista 8 My Computer

Seems like they've done it again...

Another one to skip or maybe move to another OS if not shackled to Windows.

If they don't close that gap in the UI in the next release they are in serious trouble. Even if developers all wanted to dance Microsoft's new tune (plenty don't) they still couldn't all move their apps to the new paradigm as fast as Microsoft need them to as UI is expensive to code.

Apple who are given to leaving sections of their users behind if they don't move in the right direction knew not to go this far integrating IOS features in OSX. They even stated that they knew they needed to reinvent IOS features for OSX not just plaster them over the top with out regard for the different platform.

Linux obviously allows the user to pick the UI they want, many users have moved to XFCE to get away from the new UI's and keep the OS UI where it's supposed to be (light weight and out of the way).

3. Dave Bell

I have one computer using Linux, one using Windows 7. The UI switching isn't a problem, most of the time.

But the people who designed the Linux UI I use were not trying to be clever.

4. JeffyPooh
    Pint

GUI ≠ OS

I'm sure Windows 8 is a fine OS. The other Windows 8 (RT?) is probably also not a bad OS. These days OS are a dime a dozen; even clever children can write them (Linux).

The new MS GUI (formerly known as Metro) simply sucks. I want no part of it. Ever.

If ranting Hookie (above) worked in my office, then I'd stay late and hardware modify his keyboard to cut the traces leading to the Ctk key, perhaps wiring them in parallel to the Alt key. Then I'd rewire his mouse so that both buttons are left click. Hey, I have a soldering iron and I know how to use it.

1. Philip Lewis
      Go

Re: GUI ≠ OS

This is easier ...

http://www.amazon.com/Haunted-Harassment-Electronic-Prank-Device/dp/B0036QUGF4

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like