back to article Court confirms $675,000 fine for sharing 30 songs

Joel Tenenbaum has lost his request for a mistrial in his long-running case against the music industry over sharing music and now faces financial ruin. The Massachusetts court declined his request for a mistrial and confirmed he will have to pay $675,000 in fines after being found guilty of sharing 30 songs on the Kazaa …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

@AC 10.09 Re: Must be good drugs?

"meanwhile piracy habits go back to fundamental human nature (maximum result for minimum effort). Just as haters gonna hate, pirates gonna pirate."

Just as haters gonna hate, pirates gonna pirate, muggers gonna mug, serial killers gonna serial kill, rapists gonna rape, burglars gonna burgle, robbers gonna rob, child molesters gonna child molest, spouse-abusers gonna spouse abuse, shoplifters gonna shoplift, tax cheats gonna cheat on their taxes, drunken drivers gonna drive drunk.... There are no laws and never will be any laws that will succeed in eradicating all of these things. So which ones should therefore be legalized?

Joel "Blame The Foster Child" Tenenbaum got caught, he was warned, he continued, he was told there would be a lawsuit, he continued, he lied, and lied some more, and lied some more, he destroyed evidence, and he got a lawyer whose main interest was in publicizing an ideological agenda as opposed to acting in his (Tenenbaum's) best interest.......

That he got caught in the first place was bad luck. Everything after that is his own fault. He should have settled for $3500 and been done with it. And instead of getting a real lawyer, he gets Nesson - and by attempting to wiggle out of it entirely, he only worsened his situation - by orders of magnitude.

Everyone once in a while you have to just say, Well, I got caught and I give up. And the longer it takes to get to that point, the worse the final outcome is going to be.

Silver badge

Re: @AC 10.09 Must be good drugs?

"Everyone once in a while you have to just say, Well, I got caught and I give up. And the longer it takes to get to that point, the worse the final outcome is going to be."

Never underestimate the determination of the utterly idiotic and the truly insane.

Anonymous Coward

I'll bet his arse is puckered now

He should get a PhD in reality after this experience. I'll bet he doesn't plan to pirate any time soon while secluded at the Iron Bar Hotel.

Anonymous Coward

Sony? Errm no,...

I know it's fashionable to stir up freetards hate against Sony, but they are small players in this. Warner are the biggest claimants, so why no mention of them? (we all know the reason... Warner are an American company, best defect the damage to foreign companies so as not to affect American jobs).

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017