Re: Still better off with a netbook.
Dear god, do netbook lovers still exist? I thought we were all post-PC now?
- Cheaper? But how's the build quality...
- Full keyboard? C'mon, there's cases, bluetooth keyboards... journalists are using these in the field now.
- Storage? What are you doing on this portable, on-the-go netbook that needs more than 16GB minimum (64GB max)? If it's doc production, etc then you don't need a terabyte in your bloody pocket
- Multitasking - fair point, but G33K - people don't care, and arguably on a small screen multitasking with a standard WIMP OS is a PITA (see previous poster comment re:mice
- External devices - this is a portable device... what do you need? You could argue the iPad has just enough external connectivity to do the job (esp with the kits). People aren't impressed with how many bloody USB ports something has, they don't view this device that way. You're comparing cox's pippins with oranges.
- As stated previously in this forum, there isn't a dependency on iTunes anymore and there hasn't been for an age. As for dependency on Apple services... not relevant, personal choice.
- Multiple users - this is a PERSONAL device. Why would it need multi user profiling?
You're better off with a netbook if you're a netbook lover and you hate iPads / Apple / etc etc. Otherwise, just accept the masses have spoken and your mini-laptop is doomed to obscurity.