back to article Man sues boss for 'condemning him to eternal damnation'

An American man has brought a wrongful dismissal suit over his former employer's attempt to make him wear the number of the beast - in the guise of a safety record sticker. Billy E Hyatt alleges that he was fired from the Pliant Corp plastics factory in northern Georgia for refusing to wear a sticker declaring the factory had …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Nameless Faceless Computer User
    Stop

I'm missing something

If he took day 666 off as a personal day he could have returned on day 667? No?

2. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Unhappy

Disappointed with some of the other commentards here. This guy is not likely to be the smartest cookie, whereas most of us probably think we're pretty much 'all there'.

I'd like to suggest a few other possibilities.

1) Having been told not to worry, he innocently believed his boss would sort something out.

2) He's actually quite honest, and wouldn't think of throwing a sickie.

3) He has to give at least a months notice to take a day off.

4) His boss was a total control freak, who delighted in causing distress to 'underlings'.

I met number 4 when I was a teenager. He sacked me for refusing to break out of a complex job to go and post a letter, even after I offered to do so at lunch time, and he knew there wasn't another collection till 4pm.

3. ElReg!comments!Pierre

harsher punishment

"He now claims he was subjected to harsher punishment than colleagues who had missed work for reasons other than escaping eternal torment in the fiery fireplace of Beelzebub."

He. So being christian is like breaking one's leg. Every day.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.