back to article Judgment Day prophet resets doomsday clock

California preacher Harold Camping is unrepentant following his second unsuccessful attempt to predict Judgment Day, and now says true believers should pack their bags for ascension to heaven on 21 October. Camping's first stab at nailing the Rapture advised Christians to get their earthly affairs in order before 6 September …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. mhoulden
    FAIL

Forget Matthew

I prefer Revelation 22:18-19: "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. "

Of course any book written by lots of people in a range of different languages over thousands of years will have contradictions and inconsistencies, so it's best not to take it too literally. Even the opening few pages have two different versions of the creation, which makes the Creationists look even sillier than they do already. "Which creation are you talking about, Genesis 1:1-2:2 or Genesis 2:5 onwards?"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Just an Idea

Maybe someone could organise a massive Light and sound show, sort of Jean Michel Jarre-esque around Campings House for October 21st. How cool would that be?

Thunderous Bass To make the Ground shake, Lots of white Lights and Lasers, Dry Ice, strobes, and the "Voice of God" or Metatron or whatever, coming on, and announcing what a C*ck he's been!

Just an Idea. :)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

it almost happened

But Chuck Norris kicked Jesus back to paradise.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Or...

"we're just learning that we have to be a little more spiritual about this."

Alternatively, just learning that you have to be less knee-wobblingly gullible and stupid could also work.

5. sisk
    FAIL

He sure did

"now says he simply misinterpreted the word of God "

Yeah, I'd say so. In Matthew 24:36 Christ himself said that even he didn't know when the second coming would be, but this guy thinks he can work it out by reading the scriptures? Why in the world would anyone fall for this the first time, let alone the second or (now) the third?

Harold Camping is considered a nutcase even amoungst Christians, at least the ones I know.

6. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

YahWeh is just a spoilt kid

Did anyone seriously believe that the Goddess who actually created everything would really let her spoilt obnoxious kid brother destroy it?

Of course, Skynet will have a damn good try to eliminate humans......

7. ratfox
    Flame

Judgement day is TODAY!!!

Duke Nukem Forever has gone gold.

The flames of Hell are upon us!

1. DryBones
      Linux

Not a bit of it

I think you'll find you meant Hell has frozen over.

8. davenewman

He was right but ..

There were only 2 perfect Christians in the world to be elevated in the rapture. Camping and the rest failed because they couldn't bring themselves to love their enemies.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

If church signs were honest about the rapture...

Hilarious photoshop job at someecards:

http://www.someecards.com/2011/05/19/if-church-signs-were-honest-about-the-rapture

10. Mario Thomas

Interview?

I've asked him to be available for an interview on 22 October - as I should think he would be free then. No response yet.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

title

"I have never, ever told anyone I'm infallible. But God is infallible."

Uh hu, that's why (s)he/it spoke to someone who would fail to predict the end of the world, twice...

12. Big_Boomer Silver badge
    FAIL

Wrong, wrong, WRONG!

I was wrong in 1994.

I was wrong on the 21 May.

On the 22nd October I am going to be REALLY wrong!!

Like anyone expects any sense from most GodBotherers.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

The good news is....

I won't have to worry about a Halloween costume this year (or ever again!)

Linux penguin, because I was going to dress as him!!

14. Blofeld's Cat
    Alert

Meanwhile ...

At 32.58N 35.18E there sits a figure on a pale horse talking into an iPhone.

"Did nobody make the cut then Boss? Oh I see... Postponed until 21 October... Going for the Big Bang rather than the steady burn... OK I'll tell the other three."

15. atomic jam
    Pint

Bibleator

"We're not changing a date at all; we're just learning that we have to be a little more spiritual about this"

Maybe they should be a bit more mathematical about this, I mean, we've all accidentally brought a bible to math class by mistake (due unhealthily low levels of caffeine), where 1/0=eternal damnation.

My first post hurra!!!!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.