back to article Secret ancient code, basis of all modern civilisation, cracked

A former IT type, nowadays a part-time professor of scientific philosophy, says he has cracked a "hidden mathematical musical code" in the works of the famous ancient Greek savant Plato. According to Dr Jay Kennedy, a visiting scholar at Manchester uni, his discovery "shows us how to combine science and religion", perhaps …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. gimbal
    Black Helicopters

"Today our heroes are Einstein and Shakespeare" - O rly?

I thought our heroes, today, were [insert female current pop icon name] and [insert male current pop icon name]. I guess it depends on who you ask, and at what time of day.

2. John F***ing Stepp

You know the music is there.

In a crop circle for instance.

was on the front cover of a science weekly back before this internet thing.

(I am old.)

Concerning the sharps and flats; the 12 tone scale is just built in to us; it is a mathematical construction that hits the human mind like a 'face hugger' from some Alien movie.

It is always there.

Scales.

There are 11 of them (talking like some half assed musician here, I only play a couple of things well). We think Major and relative Minor, just start any music a half note up and you are into another scale.

You cannot avoid the 12 note scale. . .

(well yes you can and this gets so damn technical and so damn other culture* and so damn math is hard** that I will just give up now.)

*NO theater for one.

**Any other musicologist want to approach this?

1. The Indomitable Gall
      Linux

Not my favourite source, but....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microtonal_music#History

The 12 tones of a modern instrument are the Windows of the music world. Buggy, never quite right, but everyone else uses it and you've got to be compatible, hey? Alternatives exist, but there's a lack of "software" (tunes) and there's not so wide a market for anyone considering developing any new stuff....

Penguin, because Linux is dodecatonic. Or something.

3. Mark Stanbrook

Are you serious?

Why is this even news-worthy without any counter-balance? All of these Code systems have debunked over and over and over. In any large enough set of data using an effectively infinite set of encodings you can find anything you wish to find. My favourite debunking:

'... an ELS analysis on Drosnin's Bible Code II: The Countdown (2002) found the message "The Bible Code is a silly, dumb, fake, false, evil, nasty, dismal fraud and snake-oil hoax."'

4. ShaggyDoggy

Pah

Evolutionist: what about fossils then

Creationist: God put them there to test ou belief in Him

Me: God is insecure ?

To all Intelligent Designists - what's Cancer for then ?

1. Simpson

Don't be mad, just because god hates you ShaggyDoggy

We have a physical universe, where most things behave under specific known rules. But to explain the origin of this universe, we must accept that those rules did not apply to the early moments of our universe.

For myself, I don't see much difference between "i am" and "the entire universe came from a tiny peice of matter of unknown origin, that exploded"... It's just a louder "I am".

5. Matthew Gaylard

Well, yes ... but

the ancient Greeks were rather marvelous. I'm not sure that what we consider "thinking" today would be possible without them in a way that is not true, for instance, of the modern americans.

6. ShaggyDoggy

Simpson - what's that reply got to do with me ?

I mean, God not liking etc

Come on man explain yourself

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.