back to article Huawei to the danger zone: Now Uncle Sam slaps it with 16 charges of racketeering, fraud, money laundering, theft of robot arm and source code

Huawei has been charged by the US government with 16 counts ranging from fraud to conspiring to launder money and steal trade secrets to racketeering. The Department of Justice this week claimed three US-based Huawei brands and two subsidiaries violated federal law by stealing tech from partners, violating confidentiality …

Page:

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. eldakka

Popcorn

Time to break out the popcorn.

3. Dr_N
    Terminator

Robot Theft?

#JusticeForTappy

4. phil_n

Looking back before we get there

The most interesting part of this is that Huawei has managed to steal technology from the future. Because the Chinese are utterly incapable of inventing anything on their own they must have gotten into America's technology future and stolen their 5G stuff from there so they can use it now before the Americans catch up to themselves then and realize that they were going to invent it sometime but Huawei got a hold of it before they could invent it. Who says these Chinese aren't clever?

5. xyz Silver badge

Stolen robot arm....

We all know why that was nicked!!

One word: Wolowitz

1. hplasm
      Terminator

Re: Stolen robot arm....

"We all know why that was nicked!!

One word: Wolowitz"

Two words - Sarah Connor

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Al Capone was convicted on tax fraud in the end.

7. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Out of the frying pan into the fire ......

One assumes Uncle Sam realises they set an unmitigating precedent in presenting such cases against Johnny Rotten/Jane Doe Foreigners which endangers the life and liberty of Americans abroad able to be targeted with similar accusations regarding foreign abilities shared but not necessarily directly ie simply reverse engineered or reasonably reimagineered via intelligent thought processes?

The wisdom of creating such a folly escapes me and it would seem to me to be much more another moronic and future self-defeating move, ill-conceived and counter productive.

1. MCMLXV
      Holmes

Re: Out of the frying pan into the fire ......

Bloody hell - that nearly made sense!

1. Tail Up

erm, Mac'Whatsyoursurname boy, that made it nearly because you're far, must be so :-)

2. CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

that nearly made sense!

Clearly missed a dose of its meds..

8. Paul Smith

History question

I wonder what the modern equivalent of "Die Juden sind unser Unglück!" is?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"You Westerners so stupid! You think we tell truth." I've been told that many times by Chinese.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Cool story, bro.

10. Aussie Doc
    Pint

Okaaaaay.

"This new indictment is part of the Justice Department’s attempt to irrevocably damage Huawei’s reputation and its business for reasons related to competition rather than law enforcement," it said.

That must be the most honest statement I've seen from a Chinese business.

Really is time for popcorn, methinks.

Or a beer.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like