back to article I find your lack of faith disturbing, IBM: Big Blue fires photon torpedo at Pentagon JEDI cloud contract

IBM has officially griped to a top US government watchdog about JEDI – the Pentagon's proposed 10-year $10bn single-vendor IT system for America’s Green Machine. Whichever lucky lone supplier wins the coveted Joint Enterprise Defense Infrastructure (JEDI) contract will be responsible for providing all cloud activities for the …

Stevie
Silver badge

Re: The Hitch in the Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

Go stick your head in a pig.

Mycho
Silver badge

Re: The Hitch in the Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

Belgium.

Compliant Andy

Google have pulled out because of differences to their 'values' and lack of required certs and now IBM are griping.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/10/09/google_jedi_drops_out/

...Maybe the Pentagon should/could build their own cloud environment and secure it themselves..

Boiled Gammon

IBM has a cloud?

Who knew.

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

IBM has a cloud?

Who knew.

They do. It's the dark one that hangs over the head of every staffer who hasn't yet been "resourced".

ma1010
Silver badge
Trollface

Oracle and vendor lock-in

Oracle saying that the proposed contract is anti-competitive and leading to vendor lock-in is absolutely HILARIOUS!

Pot: "Hey, Kettle, you sure are black!"

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

PERCS

As I remember, there was a similar initiative some 10-15 years ago (already?!?!) known as "HPCS" (High Productivity Computing Systems) where IBM shared the contract with Cray and (at an earlier phase) Sun. IBM's piece was called PERCS. I worked on it for a time, until I was "resourced" along with much of the staff that actually knew what they were doing.

Kimo
Mushroom

You can cross the streams but...

Could you not at least find a picture with Ivanova in it?

Aladdin Sane
Silver badge

Re: You can cross the streams but...

Once voted best reason to get lost in space.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018