back to article Rob Scoble's lawyer told him to STFU about sex pest claims. He didn't

If you have cause to hire a lawyer, it is usually worthwhile listening to what they have to say. Not so Robert Scoble who, having been thoroughly buried in the tech industry's avalanche of sexual harassment claims this week, decided that the best course of action was to write a blog post all about it. Against his lawyer's …

Silver badge

Ah, now I understand.

This article was so dripping with bile that I actually clicked on the blog link to see what the fuss was about.

It starts off by discussing journalistic standards. No wonder Kieren's triggered.

I still have no idea who Scoble is nor any motivation to find out.

Scobleised

The fact you are told by a lawyer not to say anything that may incriminate you and you go ahead says what an idiot you really are!

Calling out your accusers is total insanity but is something I believe to be in his character. One of arrogance and perhaps a touch of self loathing. When I have seen him on TWIT I always got the feeling he was on the edge of the precipice, urging himself to go over the edge. Thinking that he would fly rather than thudding into the ground making a mess! As far as his accusers are concerned that’s up to the court to decide.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Scobleised

Isn't attacking the accusers really the only recourse one has in cases like these, even if it makes you seem like an even bigger arsehole? Suppose they all made it up.

Of course using the lawyer weasel argument of "it wasn't sexual harassment" is kinda like OJs "if I did do it"...

Silver badge

Wow

" I am sorry that so many women feel wronged by me". The beginning of the second sentence, and it gets better from there.

"This advice from attorneys is one reason why as a community we can’t properly discuss the issues hitting our industry." No, the advice from attorneys that prevents discussions is "Settle, and get a non-disclosure agreement."

Silver badge
Facepalm

Some people really are totaly oblivious

This guy's "defense" sort of reminds me of some Nazis after WW II. When Goering turned himself in to the Allies, he actually seemed to think that he was going to be offered some position in a German post-war government. Instead, he was arrested and treated as the criminal he was.

This guy has the same sort of attitude; "I wasn't harassing her; I just wrote down and sent her all my sexual fantasies," etc.

Rarely have I seen anyone in more need of a clue.

Re: Some people really are totaly oblivious

His entire defence seems to be "it wasn't sexual assault because..."

I don't know which is worse, the fact that this is his attitude, or that some posters seem to agree with it and are defending him.

Unwelcome attention is unwelcome attention, no matter how you want to dress it up (or mentally undress it).

Silver badge

Re: Some people really are totaly oblivious

Rarely have I seen anyone in more need of a clue.

Have you SEEN some of the comments?! He is NOT alone in his delusion.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018