back to article PAH! Four decades of Star Wars: No lightsabers, no palm-sized video calls

When Lucasfilm recently unveiled its tribute reelto the late Carrie Fisher, one of the most memorable monologues in cinema sat right in its center. “General Kenobi. Years ago, you served my father in the Clone Wars... Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire...” Reading those words, we can see the …

Page:

1. Red Bren

Je ne c'est pas

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Je ne c'est pas"

Ahem - my long ago memory of schoolboy French says that is a homonym for "Je ne sais pas" (= I do not know).

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

"Je ne c'est pas"

Ahem - my long ago memory of schoolboy French says that is a homonym for "Je ne sais pas" (= I do not know).

My French is also rusty, but this looks sort of like "I am not it" --- a pretty good caption for a hologram.

2. Simon Harris

"The media pictures looked like a hologram. What was that technology?"

It was done by Musion 3D - possibly a modern take on Pepper's Ghost.

http://www.musion3d.co.uk

1. illiad

yes the meedya invent new meanings for words that are not 'fancy' enough... 'projection' is such a boring word...

notice the large frame at 45 % angle, that you project upon..

http://www.musion3d.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/freshizer/0d16002ee3e6c88b1ba3aad341786572_Eyeliner_Black-Eyed-Peas-61-1100-c@2x.jpg

1. E 2

Perhaps off topic

Frank Herbert's Dune trilogy/sextet, which must be considered an important work of SciFi, posited a future society with remote control precision flight robots, interstellar and 'lasguns' that could cut through anything, invisible shields, yet the hoi poloi lived a distinctly medieval life in terms of their tech.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like