back to article Beeb hands £560m IT deal to Atos. Again

In an effort to overhaul its massive £2.3bn contract with Atos, the BBC has awarded its Enterprise ICT and Hosting Services contract worth up to £560m over eight years to... you guessed it, Atos. An internal email sent to staff and seen by The Register said the deal represents the final stage in restructuring its Technology …

Silver badge
Facepalm

Bargain

I have a bunch of hardly used XP computers they can have cheap.

Silver badge

IT’s unsustainable when some things never seem to change

Matthew Postgate, chief technology and product officer at the BBC, said the broadcaster is reinventing itself for a new generation "and the technology we use is critical to that mission."

Is that reinventing itself as an effective leading revolutionary BroadBandCaster rather than being the servile tool of all of those second rate third parties in dire straits need of a sympathetic spin machine for the advancing of their secret agendas/politically incorrect pirate missions with private investors ……. for is that not what is needed in light of that which it and IT has become … and be failing so spectacularly well to both micro and macro manage the direction of humanity with the production and presentation of myriad virtual reality plays.

And there you are, most probably not knowing 'Nation Shall Speak Peace Unto Nation' is the BBC motto being disgraced almost daily and television and radio are your novel remote controllers providing you 24/7/365 with everything you need not think about so that you do not think about how easily you are led and brainwashed and the worlds around you are created/scripted.

Methinks now though things need to be done considerably better than ever before, because intelligence does not contemplate to be content with a corrupt establishments and perverse status quo operating systems.

Silver badge

Re: IT’s unsustainable when some things never seem to change

And, if you really find it difficult to impossible to believe that such as is shared above can be true and formative, you are never going to believe either what is made possible in the tales of this Improbable report ...... http://www.wired.co.uk/article/improbable-quest-to-build-the-matrix

Is that akin to the casting of Perl before swine?

And yes, it surely is a case of Words Create Command and Control and Crash Test Worlds. which we are fortunate enough to not have to have the masses knowing about to realise it with ..... well, media and IT are keys.

Wanna play a Prime Sublime Leading Role in ITs Advanced IntelAIgent Missions, El Reg? Show wwwider Worlds the Infinitely Bigger Picture?

IT aint rocket science.

Anonymous Coward

I had to shadow an assessor for the Job Centre for a week. People come in, they tell their story of why they don't have work, maybe have a few bits of paper and leave. 8 out of 10 could be clearly classified as daily choices that keep them uneducated and in poverty. Over half said they were depressed because of lack of work and substance abuse. It's hard to see why they should keep getting handouts.

Silver badge

Strong and stable leadership has its own hangers-on army terrified of established gravy train wrecks

I had to shadow an assessor for the Job Centre for a week. ..... People come in, they tell their story of why they don't have work, ....It's hard to see why they should keep getting handouts. ... Anonymous Coward

Well, one reason to ponder why such things should continue is to keep you in your employment, AC, for without them might you be destined to join them. What do you produce for sale at a profit which anyone would be pleased to purchase?

It seems to me like you might be considered by more than just a few who be many, to be on benefits/government handouts yourself.

Glad I do not pay

I am so glad I do not have a Tv licence, one of the better things I have done is scrap it.

Anonymous Coward

Atos Offshoring everything

Well if you think the service from Atos is crap now, be warned Atos are now going to offshore all the BBC work to India.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017