back to article Ewe, get a womb! Docs grow baby lambs in shrink-wrap plastic bags

Scientists in Philadelphia have created a plastic womb that has successfully incubated eight premature lambs – and the doctors behind the project say they will be ready for human trials within three years. The machine, described in the journal Nature Communications, consists of a plastic bag which is kept full of electrolyte …

Page:

1. jake Silver badge

Re: Too posh to push - now too lazy to carry?

Brevellian? The rest of us relate to expensive, over-rated kitchen appliances? That's a broad brush you paint with, sir!

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge

"an interesting perspective, I will now have to chromecast the whole film."

I think it's an under rated film from the opening scene (which most door staff will cringe at. Listen carefully) to the arrival of the assault team to take down the kidnappers.

Much of it had me in stitches.

Parental advisory. Violence, gore, offensive language from the outset, suicide advocacy. *

*Just complying with the UK internet access filter rules.

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At what point

does Hojo inject them with Jenova cells?

2. AdamWill

Excellent.

"Ewe, get a womb!"

Headline of the month, right there. Proceed directly to the pub and collect many, many pints, that writer.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ten thousand years we slumbered.. Now we riiise.

Words to live by?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

To your scattered bodies go

Creep-out factor: 10

5. Unicornpiss
    Boffin

Am I the only one..

..that thinks it would be really cool to use this to see a developing embryo from the very early stages to birth?

I know a lot of people will be unhappy about the concept ethically, but wouldn't it be awesome to see a mammal (not necessarily a human) develop in real time without needing to use ultrasound and other tricks to see the progress?

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like