back to article Official science we knew all along: Facebook makes you sad :-(

Researchers claim to have evidence of what many of us have long since suspected: Facebook makes you sad. There is no shortage of studies that point to the negative impact of social media on people's overall well-being – some or most of which could easily be left in the "Luddite" box – but Holly Shakya from the University of …

Page:

1. Geoffrey W Silver badge

From the article:

"your Mom was right: get off that computer and go outside and play with your friends."

Mom only wants you off the computer so that she can update her status and resume her web cam activities, which junior might not appreciate seeing.

2. Keef

Finally, a use for FB...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-39578230

3. fidodogbreath Silver badge

Overall, Facebook use does not promote well-being

Well, not of its users. It does wonders for Zuck's well-being.

4. jake Silver badge

Questionable.

"The mean age of those who provided Facebook data was 48 – an age at which people have spent over half their adult lives without the pervasive influence of the internet."

Implying that people aged 48 have been online less than 15 years? I doubt it.

And, of course, anything referencing "BMI" is always pure bullshit.

Enjoy the research dollars while you can, folks, methinks it ain't gonna last.

5. rids

Face book makes me sad

Truly, I felt Face book lurking making me horribly miserable. Before few decades ago, just one neighbor to compare. It was quite easier to be happy, at that time only one competitor was there. Now competition becomes high as so many competitors in my face book account.

That is why I decide to take break from using face book. At same period of time I introduce one application named as Bequeathit. I tried this application. Bequeathit application is the best application from all social media application I would like to say that. No any competitor I have to face as people who have connected in my application only can connect me. Same as I can see the profile as well as activities only those people who are connected in my application.

I suggest you all to use this application. At least you all should try this application for a once. I can surely say that you will all also feel at that level of happiness.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019