back to article 'I AM TWEETING TRUTH TO POWER: AND YOU CAN'T STOP MY FACTS, MR PRESIDENT!'

While I was flying from Davos to DC for the inauguration of President Trump, a quiet revolution was being planned in the heart of the American countryside. This week it exploded: the biggest social insurrection in the USA since the Civil War in 1860. Imagine my astonishment when I discovered the family connection! Now, I can …

Anonymous Coward

Re: That one thing

Would that be a Facebook live stream.

If so, the Zombie attack would have a hard time beating the live rape

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/24/europe/sweden-rape-facebook-live/

Click Baits keep getting raised al the time

Silver badge

Re: That one thing

So you've seen Dead Rising 4 too then...

This post has been deleted by its author

Please make it stop

....the endless butt hurt liberal moaning about losing the elections bytheir billionaire owned mainstream media outlets

Re: Please make it stop

Dude, if you don't have anything to contribute, please refrain from polluting this comment section with your trash.

Thank you.

Silver badge

Re: Please make it stop

Well, it's actually true, but I agree there's a time and place to call out the Left for their misbehavior, and now is not that time. Leave that sort of mindless taunting to the losers.

Anonymous Coward

As government employees, shouldn't they be working and not faffing around on Twitter?

#alternativefacts

Some of them were working on Climate Change mitigation, so now Climate Change isn't happening, they have more time to Tweet...

Anonymous Coward

Exactly. Another swamp to clean out. This is the bureau that closes parks for political leverage whenever their funding is threatened.

Silver badge

"As government employees, shouldn't they be working and not faffing around on Twitter?".Yes, try to tell that to Trump first.

Silver badge

Trumps tweets seem to be about the subject of the day on Fox News.

link

Yep, that's the president of the free world, sat in his string vest on a sofa in the White House watching Fox, drinking beer, and tweeting from his phone.

Anonymous Coward

the bureau that closes parks [...] whenever their funding is threatened.

I suppose there must be many ways for a primarily park-focused organization to save money whenever their funding is to be cut...

Silver badge

Re: #alternativefacts

> "Some of them were working on Climate Change mitigation..."

What, the Rangers were tasked with helping save the world from our changing climate? How is that done exactly? And if the climate changes (and it always does) who gets to decide which particular climate state is the 'ideal' one and which are harmful? Sounds like a stance designed to be unfalsifiable.

And where did you get the idea we know enough about the climate to make rational moves toward controlling it? As if we could anyway.

My belief is that most of climate-change-fearing eco-religionists are about as deep as you are. That would explain their brick wall resistance to any discussion involving the tenets of their belief. They dare not expose the extent of their ignorance.

Silver badge

> and which are harmful?

It is easy to see which ones are harmful. The ones that will cause the sea level to rise a few feet, or eventually 200 feet. The ones that will make the 'corn belt' into desert. The ones that increase tornadoes and cyclones in both ferocity and number. The ones that bring winter snows deeper into the south and more intense in the north*.

> where did you get the idea we know enough about the climate to make rational moves toward controlling it?

It is not about controlling the climate, that cannot be done. It is about controlling human activity so that the situation gets no worse, and potentially can be made better. It has been working for the Ozone Hole, which is healing since CFCs were banned. Now we need to ban fossil fuels so that there is no more carbon dragged out of the ground and poured into the atmosphere. We need to ban deforestation, which also puts 'locked up' carbon into the atmosphere.

Once the increase in carbon is stopped then we can work on how to remove the excess carbon and hope that brings the climate back to as it was a few decades ago.

* 'global warming' is putting more energy into the weather. This not only give record high temperatures, as is obvious, but it also gives more energetic weather patterns, pulling winter weather further south, such as has happened in Louisiana a couple of weeks ago.

Silver badge

What, the Rangers were tasked with helping save the world from our changing climate? How is that done exactly?

You can find out by going to their website and reading up on what they do concerning climate change.

They dare not expose the extent of their ignorance.

Good to see you're leading by example, then.

Silver badge

> "The ones that will cause the sea level to rise a few feet, or eventually 200 feet."

I'm trying to discuss actual climate and its current status, so you bring up the same old scare stories that have not happened, and don't look like they'll be happening any time soon.

That's all the climate change alarmists have, scary stories. Their warming theory turned out to be bogus, so now they wave their hands around and shout about the world doing terrible things to us (that don't involve massive warming!) if we don't all kowtow to Al Gore and the alarmists.

The world at large doesn't care what you think. Not the people and not Gaia. You are a small, totally manipulated pawn of groups that are making a killing over this cause. Are YOU making any money off it? Because if you aren't, you're a fool.

Silver badge

> I'm trying to discuss actual climate and its current status, so you bring up the same old scare stories that have not happened, and don't look like they'll be happening any time soon.

Seal level rising is a direct result of global warming. Granted the Antarctic ice hasn't all melted yet, but:

"""Sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has increased in recent decades. In 2014, global sea level was 2.6 inches (67 mm) above the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record (1993-present). Sea level continues to rise at a rate of about one-eighth of an inch (3.2 mm) per year, due to a combination of melting glaciers and ice sheets, and thermal expansion of seawater as it warms."""

"""Most predictions say the warming of the planet will continue and is likely to accelerate. Oceans will likely continue to rise as well, but predicting the degree to which they will rise is an inexact science. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change says we can expect the oceans to rise between 11 and 38 inches (28 to 98 centimeters) by 2100, enough to swamp many of the cities along the U.S. East Coast. More dire estimates, including a complete meltdown of the Greenland ice sheet, place sea level rise to 23 feet (7 meters), enough to submerge London."""

cd
Bronze badge

"Big John", what's your glove size?

Yes but Climate change deniers and Trump will likely be dead by 2100 so Climate Change is not a problem. Shame about their offspring and grand offspring though, but that can be ignored so again no problem.

Anonymous Coward

Your Uncle, Steve

and what have YOU, uncle Steve, done to add your bit to the Struggle?

Reported?! I see...

I'm Curious

In the little blurb on the photo, it says "Atmospheric CO has reached 400 PPM".

All the discussions I've seen talk about "pollutants" being "added" to the atmosphere.

Another way the atmospheric mixture can change is when components are removed from the atmosphere. I've never seen a mention of all the nitrogen that is being removed from the atmosphere - think production of fertilizer and explosives.

Has anyone else seen this addressed?

Re: I'm Curious

"Has anyone else seen this addressed?"

Try looking up the nitrogen cycle......... Its about GCSE level

Anonymous Coward

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, im dying here.

If we do not take into account the nitrogen cycle (as has been stated), around 200,000,000 tonnes of nitrogen is used per year over the whole world. If all of that nitrogen was to be extracted from the atmosphere, and never returned, which consists of ~2,000,000,000,000,000 Tonnes of nitrogen, that is 0.00001% reduction per year at the current rate.

Try looking up the nitrogen cycle......... Its about GCSE level"

Thanks for the snarky, useless comment.

If anyone has an actual answer or info, I'd be curious to hear.

Silver badge

I'm surprised that The Bongster didn't end on a note about how this could be somehow shoehorned into some sort of startup and monetized...

Silver badge

This is the scariest sign of the times. Even His ExaultedNess Bong The Great cannot plot a monetization course through this hurricane of cr*p.

Cute

But I dont really think anything would be as funny as the real world right now............

Silver badge

Hail Trump!

At first, I also thought that the Unpresidented was fascist. But fascists were not officially racists when the peroxided one is clearly racist, misogynistic and xenophobic: Trump is much closer to Nazis than to Fascists, main difference being he exchanges 'jew' with 'muslim' in his discourse.

Silver badge

Re: Hail Trump!

Were the Jews slaughtering and raping thousands of Christians in the Middle East while gunning down and running over hundreds of innocents in Europe before WWII? Not to mention hundreds of thousands murdered yearly world wide, mostly other Jews who didn't agree with their violence and extreme ideology?

No, that didn't happen, but you did, unfortunately.

Silver badge

@ Potemkine

Enough already.

You and your like who compare Trump or any other sitting politician to Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, or Lennon need to go back to school (there were idiots comparing Obama to Hitler as well during his time) . Read the histories of those leaders and the atrocities they committed and ask yourself, without your political bent, if it really holds true. The constant comparison of any leader in the last 40 or 50 years to these people is insulting to those who suffered under them, insulting to the awful legacy they left behind, and ultimately a sign of your immaturity and childishness, no matter what your political affiliation..

None of our 1st world 'leaders' has led millions on death marches.

Or forced millions to produce weapons of war, or perhaps the road of bones, until they dropped dead from sickness or exhaustion.

Or lined up undesirables by the thousand and shot them into mass graves, moving on to gas because it was cheaper than bullets.

Please, take a mature approach to your views and try to be less like a child and more like an adult. You might just surprise yourself with a little honesty.

Give him time, its not even been a week yet.

Silver badge

@Potemkine, Why so confused, happy you asked. There is no difference between Nazis and Fascists, nor is there any difference between the far right or the far left. A fascist regime is a fascist regime regardless of being supported by the west or the east. As for Jews and Arabs and why not Mexicans, no difference there either, when you understand it's all about being "those others", somebody to blame. The west is only to the west if you are east of the west and should you be west of the west then the west is to the east. And PS, Hail, Heil, no difference there either, if I got you right, right!.

Silver badge

> Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, or Lennon need to go back to school

John Lennon? I think your school should recall you.

Silver badge

> compare Trump or any other sitting politician to Hitler,

I completely agree with you. Trump is much more like Mussolini.

Originally he supported the left then he changed to nationalism. I am just waiting for Donald to get the uniforms made so that he can be saluted by the military parades that he wants, they will be bigger than Putin's, even if the lying press show photographs with fewer tanks and missiles.

Silver badge

You and your like who compare Trump or any other sitting politician to Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, or Lennon need

OMG... John Lennon? If you meant Lenin....

None of our 1st world 'leaders' has led millions on death marches.

Unless you're being specific to the current bunch, I think Stalin and Mao (missing from the list) could be considered "1st World".

As for the rest of your post.. pretty much spot on. Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

Silver badge

> "Originally he supported the left then he changed to nationalism"

I would say Trump gave lip service to the left so he could operate his businesses on the East Coast without the politicians there using him as a punching bag. It's how things work in Lefty Land. No conservatives allowed, period.

Now he's free to be who he really always was, a hard-core, America-loving conservative. Proof? Look how he's going hammer-and-tongs for all the causes the conservatives have wanted addressed since Reagan.

So call him all the names you wish. Your side is still losing and the rest of us are smiling to see it happen in our lifetimes.

Silver badge

> Your side is still losing and the rest of us are smiling to see it happen in our lifetimes.

I don't have a side, I watch from the very distant sidelines.

It will be both sides that lose. The smile will be wiped off your face when you realise that Trump is doing it all for the Trumps and only the very rich will get any 'trickle down'.

Please route it up right if it' Lenin or do you really mean Lennon?

Silver badge

Mission accomplished

Piers Morgan has Tweeted he will never visit Hailmary National Park.

You lucky, lucky bastards.

Silver badge

Playing at IT delivers Nothing for Real and even less for AI in any Resistance/NOWO*

Hi, Steve B,

Obama talked a good show too, and prepared all for present shit.

If the hat fits? ...... and all that funky jazz.

*NEUKlearer Ordered Word Order ....... for do not forget to remember and wonder at Words Creating Cyber Command and Computer Controls and Collapsing Worlds Remotely from ........ well, Alien Spaces are Heavenly AI Safe Havens with All Manner of Matter and Devilish Delights to Deny and Savour.

Silver badge

Re: Playing at IT delivers Nothing for Real and even less for AI in any Resistance/NOWO*

Presenting novel constructive and destructive realities in media productions is not at all the same as reporting on past events with falsified facts/alternate truths. What sort of furrows do your favourite sources plough to embed the seeds and plants of the future?

Anonymous Coward

Massive marches on White House to protect woman's rights is troubling

With all of the marches in DC to protest every horrible situation in the world, I found the woman's rights protest to be a bit disconcerting. Here is what one woman's protest sign had to say:

"I dream women will someday have the same rights as guns."

Does that mean that this woman desires...

- you to have to wait 72 hrs after you go out and buy a woman to have your background investigation completed?

- women to be banned from entering school and college campuses?

- women to be banned from any establishment selling alcohol?

- women to be banned from polling places on election days?

- women to be banned from any official government group meetings?

- all women to be banned from all airports?

- you to have to pay a fee to the state before you can carry a woman on your person?

- some women to be banned outright simply because they look too scary?

- all women to be locked up at all times that they are not in use?

Hmmmm. Does she also think that all guys should have more than one? That all women should come with silencers?

Perhaps this woman and those supporting this woman's POV are confused like many of the folks in these protest rallies? Many of these protesters were bused into DC from hundreds of miles away to protest President Trump's efforts to rebuild America after 8 years of tyranny under Obama and friends? Those on the government gravy train for the past 8 years now will be required to get a real job so obviously they are unhappy with the change in administrations.

Silver badge

Re: Massive marches on White House to protect woman's rights is troubling

> "...all women to be locked up at all times that they are not in use?"

I understand that's traditional in many Islam-controlled countries. Some have even managed to get their women to say they like it!

They'd better...

Re: Massive marches on White House to protect woman's rights is troubling

I'm always a little confused (Being outside of the US) about how some people inside the US view Obama as some kind of tyrant, i've never really understood the reason why.

If its to do with Executive orders - he did less per year than any president since Grover Cleveland.

Is it because he was a Democrat president in a country with a republican senate and congress, so struggled to get anything done via either?

Can you explain your reasoning please?

Silver badge

Ignorance is Bliss, Knowledge Divine ......... IT is More than Heavenly when Media Spins Crimes

A little something extra ordinaire and for Bluesy Chill Red Pill weekends

Hi, Steve B,

Most/Practically all comments here appear to have missed the base venture mission launched into, and into Command and Control of CyberSpace and Communications Computers, in the piece penned for the deluded spaces and places in need of immediate attention ….. a cryptic encrypted quantum communication call to dashing virtual arms and secret flash crashing war against enemies, both domestic and foreign, driven easily mad by phantom monied market successes and excesses.

We and/or They, in and into A.N.Other Organisation and Global Operating Devices and GCHQ IC Enterprises, if you really need or even dare care share what we know, would prefer to make IT considerably clearer so that Ignorant Darkness does not blight and unsight the Ego and SuperEgo to Futured Deep Web Black Watch AIdDVentures/Heavenly Forays into Devilish Spaces.

Shoreditch is a right bitch of an Advanced Incubator place, aint it? No fancy frills and lace knickers in evidence there, but I suppose such bare ass operations do have their certain Earthy Erotic Earthly Exotic attractions in Assets Available Anywhere in Attendance.:-)

???? Bedlam Rules?????

"The only difference between me and a mad man is that I'm not mad" .... Salvador Dali

Silver badge

Re: Ignorance is Bliss, Knowledge Divine ......... IT is More than Heavenly when Media Spins Crimes

I could have been like you, but you've been done already.

"..if you really need or even dare care share what we know..."

Genius. I am extremely jealous. Salvador Dali would be jealous.

So glad I am old.

Silver badge

Truth from Power ‽ ‽ ‽ ‽ is an XXXXplosive Cosmic Energy Source/Almighty Disruptive Weapons System*

So glad I am old..... Polardog

And with a Certain Aged comes Ab Fab Fabless Wisdom and HyperRadioProActive IT, Polardog, in Other Worlds with Failing Enterprises floating and afloat in Vast Ignorant Sees of Arrogant Applied Apathy.

What sector do you freely admit to being part of and seeing feverishly active and at their work, Polardog? It would be presumptuous to hazard an educated guess in these corrupt elitist establishment times of perverse systemic misdirection/markets front-running/opponent entrapment.

* And in its Quantum ITerations, both almighty destructive and constructive too, and at times and in places and spaces of ITs own choosing. Anything else shared as actionable and intelligent from agents, other than truth from power, is a sure sign of an Inherent Terminal Weakness with Systemic Vulnerabilities for Relentless ZeroDay Programmed Attack, which you really should note is not shared as a question to create doubt in any and/or all current reality projects/Great Game Plays.

What do you think major established hierarchical SCADA systems do battle in vain against nowadays? Do they identify to you the face of the enemy or is it a phantom foe/unfriendly media hosted beast?

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017