back to article Welcome to the Wipe House: President Trump shreds climate change, privacy, LGBT policies on WhiteHouse.gov

With Donald Trump taking over the presidency Friday morning, a different type of transition has also taken place: a digital transition. A novel approach was taken with respect to the Twitter accounts of the president, vice-president and first lady: the accounts were both retained and cloned to new accounts – if you followed @ …

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Just Great

"2, 4, 6 8, Homer's crime was really great!"

"Great: meaning large or immense, we use it in the pejorative sense"

1. dalethorn

It's really amusing to read the tearful comments by all of the losers in the race to Make America Great Again. The naysayers have been trying to disenfranchise the *people* of America with their heaps of disinformation posing as *citizens* when in fact they're mostly paid trolls. So in case none of the real citizens of the U.S., who still believe in law and the Constitution speak up here, there you are. We won, and we the people now rule. Get used to it.

1. Red Bren
      Trollface

The *people*

Trump won the electoral college, Hillary won the popular vote. So who has been disenfranchised?

Now when do I get paid for my trolling?

1. tom dial Silver badge

Re: The *people*

The electoral college ensures, to a degree, that the elected president had reasonably broad geographic support. Clinton really did not: she got a majority of the popular vote in 13 States and the District of Columbia and a plurality in 7 states. Donald Trump got a popular vote majority in 23 states and a plurality in 7. As a"flyover country" resident I respectfully disagree with the proposition that nearly all knowledge and wisdom is to be found within ~100 miles of the Atlantic or Pacific oceans.

For the record, I did not vote for either Clinton or Trump.

1. Shane McCarrick

So- what you're saying is a version of George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' where all animals are created equal, but some animals are more equal than others? I.e. if you vote in California or a slew of other states- sorry, your vote is only worth a portion of what a vote cast in Virginia, Florida or other states is worth............. How is that democracy? Then again- can it really even be called democracy? There is something wrong where the will of the majority of the people- can be usurped by the will of a minority- but then again- thats the system- so the answer to that obviously is- the system is flawed.

Before you attack me as being a Hillary flunky- or worse- I think she'd have made an awful president- however, the 'system' in place resulted in two pretty appalling candidates being the designated candidates of the two major parties- which really doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

The scary thing in all of this- is the US has been the per-eminent power over the past 70 years- and has made a concerted effort to export its value system (not to mention its products, food and services) globally. We now have a navel gazing president- who is intent on tossing the baby out with the bathwater- and to hell with the consequences.

I'm sorry- while many countries in the Western world owe the US a debt of gratitude- not leastly for saving us from being steam rolled by the USSR in the 70s and 80s- the US also owes a debt of gratitude to the rest of the world for so many other things. Its a two-way street. Emphasizing our differences- rather than our commonalities- and setting one person against another- may make great tv viewing on the Apprentice- however, its an awful way to try and run what is the greatest nation on earth. Its not that we need to make America great again- it is great- we need to cop the hell on and do whats best for all of us.

Using the second of his executive orders to tear up the climate change agreement- pah........

President Trump can do a hell of a lot of damage in 4 years- hopefully he doesn't get a second term- hopefully we can find a candidate who can unify the nation and do whats actually best for the US and for the world- we have 4 years to do our utmost to try and find such a person...........

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

>A system used by the USA for electing Presidents since Washington.

And yet ironically people in Washington can't vote.

If any of them would like to do something about their "taxation without representation" I understand that throwing Starbucks in the harbour is a first step.

2. Captain DaFt

"Trump won the electoral college, Hillary won the popular vote. So who has been disenfranchised?"

In America, the popular vote in a presidential election has always amounted to bupkis. The EC vote is the deciding vote, always has been.

And you're only complaining now?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

In America, the popular vote in a presidential election has always amounted to bupkis. The EC vote is the deciding vote, always has been.

The problem is that the snowflakes are in meltdown at the moment.

We have to take care that that doesn't cause a vast sea-level rise as the green blob also melts away.

3. Ardvark Master

"So who has been disenfranchised?"

No one.

The Presidential Election is not a nation-wide popular vote, it is 50 separate state-wide elections to select electors. A system used by the USA for electing Presidents since Washington. Trump won enough state-wide elections to secure the required number of electors. If Hillary had actually bothered to campaigned based on reality, she might have won. Instead, she ignored the Rust Belt and spent her time in red states she thought she could flip.

The national popular vote is never mentioned in the Constitution. No person was disenfranchised. And Trump is now president because he campaigned based on winning the Electoral College and Hillary campaigned based on believing her own press.

1. The First Dave

The Electoral College system may well be a part of the constitution, but it is still bloody stupid in this day and age, much like the "right to be part of a militia"

4. dalethorn

So 5 million fake votes in California make Hitlary the popular winner? Yeah, and I'm-a the Pope.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Someone Else Silver badge

@dalethorn (again )-- Re: The *people*

Yeah, and I'm-a the Pope.

No, you're not the Pope1. Just a hopeless Rube.

1 For which millions, if not billions, of Roman Catholics worldwide will be eternally grateful....

5. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

"Trump won the electoral college, Hillary won the popular vote. So who has been disenfranchised?"

Considering the choice the American people were given, I'd say everyone except the most rabid party partisans.

2. redpawn

It's really amusing

Glad you believe in the law and the constitution. Watch carefully as Trump tramples all amendments but the second.

He is currently taking payments from foreign nations in relations to his investments so technically he is already in violation of the United States Constitution.

He won the election but the people hardly won. More voted against him than for him. Since his election he has proved that he cares not for the will of the people by his language and his appointments. His favorability has plummeted since the election. Least popular president at the beginning of his term since records have been kept.

1. dncnvncd

Re: It's really amusing

Never have I seen so much propaganda since my days in USAF during the Cold War. You refer to the emolument clause found in Article I, Section 6&9. It includes Congress. It refers to officeholders not eligible to hold civil office or take direct payments. A part of Constitutional Law is established practice. Considering the holdings of the Bushes in China and the oil World, the holdings of the Kennedys and the Roosevelts it's a nice myth about Trump's emoluments to rally the troops but in reality it's simply untrue. Just so you know, that Washington, D.C. hotel was an old Post Office. Sen. Diane Feinstein's(D)CA husband's firm had the contract to dispose of Post Office property. Their emoluments were considerably more than any emoluments you may be receiving for trolling.

3. Someone Else Silver badge
      FAIL

@dalethorn

We won, and we the people now rule.

So please, @dalethorn, explain to the benighted majority, exactly what did "we" win? The ability to make racist, misogynistic, homophobic, religiophobic, hateful slurs at anybody we please at the top of our lungs? To bully without regret? To engage in delicate foreign policy in 140-character soundbites? To lie whenever it feeds our all-to-sensitive egos? (Isn't that the definition of "snowflake"?) To return women to second-class citizenship?

And what "People" are ruling? Everybody who has been nominated for a cabinet post is a multi-100-millionaire (or more), There are 5...no wait..now 6 Ex-Goldman-Sachs-ers in the upper echelons or the new Administration. Denizens of the "swamp" your boy "promised" to drain, are now swimming in the administration's swimming pool. Are these the "we" you're on about? If so, the I heartily extend my middle finger to you, since you are of the same class of douchebag that they are.

Maybe you're just pissed that Herr Lügenführer didn't pick you for one of those "advisory" positions....

1. tom dial Silver badge

Re: @dalethorn

"The ability to make racist, misogynistic, homophobic, 'religiophobic', hateful slurs ..." is a right included in the first amendment; it did not need to be "won" as it already existed. It is not an unlimited right, but criminalizing rudeness is not within the lawful authority of governments in the US.

2. dalethorn

All of those lies you regurgitated have been properly deconstructed in media that you don't read. Like all trolls, you have no facts - you just spew the hate rhetoric that you accuse Trump of. If you had one fact, you'd state it. Trump is a common person who mixes with boxers, football players, construction workers, wrestlers, entertainers, etc. The Clintons, when they're not raping people on the Lolita Express or taking tens of millions of dollars from Saudi Arabia (who also malign women and gays), mix only with the non-deplorable elites.

If you and your CNN-reading ilk weren't so woefully ignorant and brainwashed (those of you who aren't trolls of course), you could take a breath of fresh air and realize that the people just seized power from the worst vermin in the world. Maybe in the next 4 years, the U.S. will stop the Neocon bombing and overthrow of all those Middle East nations, and they can get back to running their own countries.

I'm amazed every day at the extreme ignorance I see in places like this, coming from trolls and self-anointed critics of the little people, who in their attitude of superiority propound the most illogical and vacuous ideas. And BTW, if you do reside in the U.S., you may be lucky enough to end up in a reeducation camp someday, where you can be detoxified of the utter crap that CNN et al have been spoon-feeding you for years.

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Spoken like a true fascist.

1. dalethorn

You wanna know what a fascist is? It's you, who spew with zero informative content. Troll, accuse, disinform. That's what bad guys do.

1. Someone Else Silver badge

@dalethorn (sigh) -- Re: @dalethorn

You wanna know what a fascist is? It's you, who spew with zero informative content. Troll, accuse, disinform. That's what bad guys do.

No, Sehr Geehrte Ignoramus, here is what a fascist is (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascist):

Definition of fascism

often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

: a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control (early instances of army fascism and brutality — J. W. Aldridge)

Sorry, no "Alternative facts" here.

2. Merchman
          WTF?

I think you might need to step away from the internet for a bit. A break from Breitbart might do you good.

1. dalethorn

Breitbart wanted to expose kiddie rape via you-know-who. Not even getting to the Lolita Express or that other "stuff". But, trolls like to divert attention...

3. Tom 38

All of those lies you regurgitated have been properly deconstructed in media that you don't read. Like all trolls, you have no facts - you just spew the hate rhetoric that you accuse Trump of. If you had one fact, you'd state it. Trump is a common person who mixes with boxers, football players, construction workers, wrestlers, entertainers, etc. The Clintons, when they're not raping people on the Lolita Express

It's just too delicious: you bitch about people "regurgitating lies", "having no facts" and "spew the hate rhetoric" about Trump, and then in the next 3 sentences accuse the Clintons of being paedophile rapists. I'd laugh if I could stop crying.

Trump was an abhorrent human being even before he filled his head with the politics of these alt-right nutjobs. America voted for him; you deal with him. If he fucks up the rest of the world however, forgiveness is not going to be forthcoming.

3. bombastic bob Silver badge
        Devil

"The ability to make racist, misogynistic, homophobic, religiophobic, hateful slurs at anybody we please at the top of our lungs? To bully without regret? To engage in delicate foreign policy in 140-character soundbites? To lie whenever it feeds our all-to-sensitive egos? (Isn't that the definition of 'snowflake'?) To return women to second-class citizenship?"

That sounds all-too-much like the leftist TWADDLE cooked up by Mrs. Clinton and George Soros. Yes, it's a complete _LIE_.

In other words, if you're willing to believe THAT, I have some swampland in Arkansas that I want to sell... wait, the Clintons beat me to it! ['Whitewater' anyone?]

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Is the constitution you "still believe in" the same one that counted slaves as 3/5 of a person (so the number of representatives in congress was higher for slave owning states) and women as chattel who could not vote?

1. Ardvark Master

"counted slaves as 3/5 of a person"

Sigh...the 3/5 of a person was a compromise worked out between the Northern States that did not want to count slaves and the Southern States that wanted to fully count them.

http://www.government-and-constitution.org/us-constitution/three-fifths-compromise.htm

Free blacks in the both the North and South were counted as one person, not three-fifths. Learn some actual history and context instead of repeating statements taken of of context

1. Texasrocketman

Correct

Thank you, so many people live and die by the opinion of others, and never take the time to actually learn about the history. You are correct about the "person count" as well as why it was provided as a compromise to keep the negotiations and final agreement on track.

Ideal? no, that is why it was a compromise.

5. Blank Reg

The delusion and hypocrisy of Drumpf supporters is astounding. Putting an incompetent con man in charge isn't going to fix anything. Most of his promises are impossible or just plain stupid, yet you fell for it.

He says he's going to bring back manufacturing jobs, even though 85% of those jobs were lost to automation, and you fell for it. You were upset because Hillary gave speeches at Goldman sachs, but are perfectly fine putting ex-Goldman Sachs people in cabinet.

6. heyrick Silver badge

"We won, and we the people now rule."

I can't believe you're stupid enough to actually believe that.

1. quxinot

>"We won, and we the people now rule."

I can't believe you're stupid enough to actually believe that.<

We the people did win and do now rule, as we always have.

I mean of course, "we" in the sense of "the overwhelmingly wealthy". This isn't new. It's not been that long since people were property of other people in the US.

So let's rage against each other like good little sheep, drawing on our red and blue map and arguing about who's morally right. That should continue to buy enough time to draw attention away from our progression down the rabbit hole of repression.

As it always has been.

2. HausWolf

Trumpkins do believe that drivel, and yes some of them are that stupid.

7. bombastic bob Silver badge
      Devil

"when in fact they're mostly paid trolls"

George Soros, the alleged payer of a LOT of those trolls, lost A BILLION DOLLARS after Trump was elected, by "getting it wrong" in his hedge fund (just having Trump ELECTED caused a bump up in the stock market, and Soros bet DOWN, and LOST).

Schadenfreude indeed! To those who DESERVE it, anyway.

8. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Get used to the opposition, snowflake. It's called "Democracy".

1. Mark 85

Uh... the US isn't a "democracy". It's a democratic republic. Big difference that most folks seem to ignore.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_republic

2. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

"Get used to the opposition, snowflake. It's called "Democracy".

So, when did snowflake stop being a black v white racist insult and turn into a party partisan insult? I think I may have missed that memo.

9. Mark 85

So the real citizens are those who think and vote like you? I disagree. I voted not for Clinton or Trump but another. The current system is broken and we really need to open up elected office to something other than the usual political hacks in the "good old boy network" looking for handouts.

Will Trump deliver? Who knows. So far, his choices for Cabinet positions send a very mixed message. Most are from the money/industry side of things and not really outsiders.

I say this as a former Marine who took the oath of service very seriously. It's not about protecting and supporting the "man" in the office, it's about supporting and protecting the Constitution. The Office itself exists because of the Constitution. The man in the Office doesn't merit that support and defense. Never has, never will.

1. dalethorn

"...I say this as a former Marine..." -- Trump, who said 'I' only 3 times and 'we' 45 times. That's what he said. And he got General Mattis through the meat grinder into the Sec. of Defense position. That's how a president is supposed to be, unlike Obama who said 'I' 79 times and 'we' a lot less. And I doubt that Trump will invite Communist fronts like BLM into the White House.

1. Mephistro

"...said 'I' only 3 times and 'we' 45 times"

Which only proves that some highly paid campaign advisor 'edited' his speech or even wrote the whole of it. This replacement of 'I' by 'we' is the oldest trick in the speech-writer toolbox.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. HausWolf

No, he's just going to invite an actual communist into the white house.. his puppet master comrade vlad.

10. Slef

The People.......My Arse!

"We won, and we the people now rule. Get used to it"

If you think that the people now rule You have an interesting perception of the world. I do not see many ""the people" in the cabinet but many bankers and billionaires who I would not describe as the People! Perhaps the pres is going to return manufacturing jobs to the USA by starting with all of the trump clothing manufacturing in Mexico....or is it different for him?

Perhaps he will have a little gate that he can slip them through!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"The Movement Continues" - President Donald J. Trump

In medical circles I believe Movement and Purge are synonymous.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

United States of America...

..You Have Been Trumped.

4. MondoMan

So does this mean Trump should be the "new populist" replacement for Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

20 bucks? I'm sure Trump would like to eclipse Franklin with at least a $1000 banknote (or gold coin) with of course yuge dimensions fit for the bigger wallets. You know, for the common people he stands for.

5. mr.K
    Facepalm

#fakenews

Come on guys, it is bleedin' obvious that Trump winning the election and is now president is fake news.

6. Someone Else Silver badge

Narcissistic Personality Disorder at work

It's unclear whether Trump recognizes the constitutional limits that exist on a president's power and what powers Congress holds – or maybe he does and doesn't care, so long as he receives populist applause at every event.

It's the latter. Count on it.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like