back to article 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)

1. Facebook has declared war on "click-baiting headlines", slamming them as "spammy". 2. The social network has noticed that lazy, poorly written headlines that lure in readers with an ultimately unfilled promise are almost universally hated 3. BuzzFeed and Upworthy-style 'you won't believe this' garbage is drowning out …

Silver badge

Doing something to improve Facebook rather than make it worse?

Surely some sort of mistake!

Silver badge

Not just FB please

There are a hell of a lot of other sites/advertisers that really need to start applying the same thing. Professional Click Baiters need to be publically castrated with ten different sharp things...

Silver badge

Re: Not just FB please

I'd settle for 5 different blunt things...

Re: Not just FB please

preferably rusty ones.

Will we also get a reprieve on the situation here with the obnoxiously (mis)named articles and "Every! Article! About Yahoo!"?

(Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: AsherGoldbergstein

Hell! No! You! Leave! Our! Yahoo! Headlines! Alone!

C!

Re: AsherGoldbergstein

You forgot to tilt the exclamation point.

Silver badge
Mushroom

It's a MAD WORLD.

videos of people drenching themselves in ice water to avoid donating to charity

Yes... this.

CAN ANYBODY explain to me WHY EVERYBODY is BEHAVING LIKE TEENAGERS that have NOT A CHANCE IN HELL to even get their A-LEVEL EXAMS.

Except the Russians, the Chinese and, well, ISIS.

Silver badge

Re: It's a MAD WORLD.

Because the teenagers have decided that a career in "idiocy" is probably more exciting than a boring humbdrum job in an office.

Sometimes I wonder if they are right !

Silver badge

"Because the teenagers have decided that a career in "idiocy" is probably more exciting than a boring humbdrum job in an office."

This being t'internet and all that, try looking at comments about teenagers through the centuries -- they don't change.

The Greeks, Romans etc.etc. all have the same moans about teenagers.

Fortunatley, this doesn't look like it's going to stop - Teenagers will carry on being teenagers and really pissing off Groan Up's for centuries to come.

Silver badge
Go

I *know* they're right.

Joke

Upvote this comment and see why how Sylvester Stallone survived the car crash that never happened

Silver badge
Trollface

But WTF is...

.. Facebook? Feckbook?

Pay attention to me! Pay attention to me! Pay attention to me! Pay attention to me!

That's pretty much everything that comes out of crackbook. "Cleaning it up" isn't going to leave much.

Silver badge

Twits and twats

You don't have a Twtter account?

Even LinkedIn is now posing as an alternative.

Can you tell me the 'next big thing' so I can get my standardised moans in first? Ta.

Silver badge
Meh

The Third Way

Dont have a Facebook account.

Dont have a Twitter account

Dont have a Linkdin account

Dont have a Reddit account

Use NoScript to block Facebook, Twitter, Linkdin, Reddit and Google (amongst others)

Unblock Google when it is needed to make a page work.

It works for me; but then I get enough inane drivel directed at me by the women I have to work with, and I havent found a way to block them yet.

(Soaps, soaps, Orlando Bloom, soaps, make-up, soaps, babies, Christian Bale, soaps.....)

Silver badge

Stop spying on my life !

Except for the remark on women, I agree with the rest of your post.

I understand where you're coming from, though.

OMG.. Point #6 in this article blew my mind!!!

That aside, FB perhaps a bit unhappy that other shitty-ad-networks are stealing a slot of their revenue?

What about the Arapaho?

Do they have a word for Facebook clickbait?

Silver badge

Re: What about the Arapaho?

Catebaik.

Re: What about the Arapaho?

Well, I think Zuck calls it "revenue".

This one reason why I don't care will amaze you!

I got rid of my FaceBook and LinkedIn accounts.

Devil

Well, that's a start...

...now if they could just do something about those boring-assed text-in-graphic "quote memes" and fotos of people holding up little signs written on notebook paper.

Page:

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018