back to article A first-world problem solved: Panoramic selfies, thanks to Huawei's Ascend P7

Huawei took the number-three spot in smartphones last year – pushing aside Sony, HTC and Nokia – but it’s still practically unheard of as a smartphone brand in the UK. But that may change quite rapidly with the launch of its latest flagship model, the Ascend P7, unveiled today in Paris. Photograph of the P7 Yup, it's a phone …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Tel

Gotta say it looks a bit like an iPhone 4 (with mismatched black and white panels) that's been under a steamroller...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They're listening...

...won't the Chinese secret service be listening to all my calls if I use a Huawei phone?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: They're listening...

The problem for NSA and GCHQ may be that they aren't. Frankly, I'm not too worried about the Chinese Secret Service listening to my calls, whereas if I was, say, an attractive young woman or a civil rights campaigner I might be very worried about GCHQ listening in. It's a case of means and opportunity.

2. garden-snail
      FAIL

Re: They're listening...

...won't the Chinese secret service be listening to all my calls if I use a Huawei phone?

No. Your calls are boring.

3. Frank Bough

simultaneous invention

amazing that they came up with a design that looks so much like an iPhone without ever seeing an iPhone.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like