back to article Baywatch babe Pamela Anderson battles bullfighting

Former Baywatch thesp Pamela Anderson has written to the Spanish Senate asking it to reject a bill which would declare bullfighting part of the nation's "Cultural Heritage". The talented entertainer - who last month enjoyed a trip to Spain - has joined growing opposition to the move, which would see the "cruel pastime" …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Vociferous

It's pretty effing gruesome.

I don't agree with the animal rights people, but bull"fighting" is awful. If you haven't seen a bullfight, only seen videos of a matador killing a bull, you should know that the matador doesn't even walk on the field until the bull is completely exhausted, blinded, and near death from the shock and blood-loss of being stabbed dozens of times, and the matador's job is to finish off the bull with as much showboating as possible.

Before that the bull has been tortured for half an hour to an hour. It's not a fight in any meaningful sense of the word.

1. Ian Tunnacliffe

Re: It's pretty effing gruesome.

Obviously you haven't seen a corrida either. The matador is the first into the ring to face the bull when it is undamaged and in peak condition. It is high risk. Matadors do get hurt - badly hurt.

And the bull is not "tortured" for half an hour to an hour. The whole process from start to finish takes about 15 minutes.

Neither of these things will change your mind I know, but at least get your facts right.

2. MrDamage Silver badge

Hypocrisy

She has no regard for the torment and suffering she inflicted on us with her alleged acting talents (those 2 home videos not withstanding), and yet she wants to lecture other people on what they do to animals?

Mind you, this is the same women who wore Ugg Boots for years without actually realising they were made from sheeps skin.

3. Killraven

Just?

" just 8.5 per cent of the population went to a bullfight during the survey period."

In 2011, the population of the USA was 311 million, and the NFL had total attendance figures of 17.1 million. Equivalent to only 5.49% of the population, and that would only be if you assumed that nobody attended multiple games.

8.5% attending at least one bullfight is pretty freaking impressive.

4. JDC

Interesing the focus on bullfighting: there're a lot of other ways Spaniards are cruel to bulls. Catalonia, for example, only banned bullfighting - they've still got correbous and bou embolat for example.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

PETA

I'm confused by all this talk of PETA being opposed to killing animals...

I always thought it was an abbreviation for People for the Eating of Tasty Animals!

6. EPurpl3

If you want to know anything about "stabbing the bull" ask Pamela.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like