back to article Angry Brazilian whacks NASA to put a stop to ... er, the NSA

Multiple NASA websites were defaced last week by a Brazilian hacktivist who may have misread the sites' URLs, because he wasn't protesting about the US space agency giving joyrides to inhuman stowaways – he was protesting against NSA spying. “BMPoC” hit kepler.arc.nasa.gov and 13 other sites with messages protesting against US …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Jerky Jerk face

come on admit it: Who read this thread because of the lovely Brazilian volleyball bottom on the pic :D

2. 100113.1537

Well...

I would not rule out stupidity - we've had demonstrations outside the Czech Republic embassy from people complaining about Chechnya and Osama bin Laden once included Norway on a list of targets - in mistake for Nigeria.

3. ian 22

And I've always suspected George W Bush mistook Iraq for Iran. The names are rather similar... Especially to a simian.

1. Wzrd1 Silver badge

Give due respect, Pan Sapiens.

Or Homo Troglodytes. Take your pick.

The entomologists are still in the middle of a bar fight over it.

2. John 62

re: Iran/Iraq

Bush II was partly motivated by revenge after Saddam tried to assassinate Bush I. So there.

Plus, southern Iraq (the bit that had been most hostile to the US) has much less challenging geography for warfighting than Iran has. Iran is a huge, populous country and was much richer than Iraq and hence far more difficult to conquer. My view is that the pentagon, after invading Afghanistan reckoned that invading Iraq would put Iran in a squeeze.

Arguably Bush II's failure was putting too much compassionate conservatism into the war effort. The US is still untouchable technologically, but the will to win a war seems to have left the US, and the rest of the West (France is an odd exception, having no qualms about aggressively policing its former colonies like Mali and Cote d'Ivoire, toppling Qadafi, and now sabre-rattling at Syria).

4. Stevie

Bah!

Gorbachev sings Tractor! Turnip! Buttocks!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Comic Jeremy Hardy

"Brazilian protestors line-up in a narrow row right down the middle."

(or something like that...)

6. Sureo

Maybe they should go after the NRA while they're at it?

1. Wzrd1 Silver badge

As an owner of a dozen firearms, half of which were inherited from my dementia ridden father, a hunter and prize competition shooter, I'd be happy with that.

The NRA currently is insanity mixed with firearms.

We saw the results of that mix in a Navy yard in Washington, D.C. recently.

In the US, the lunatics rule the asylum.

I'd not be especially upset, but with all of the shootings and worse, the nuclear arms.

I'm on a few gun related blogs, to monitor things and learn an occasional thing about new products that I'll not acquire.

Things are looking *very* worrisome.

7. John 62

Hubble

Hubble is a repurposed spy satellite, so there is a connection!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like