back to article Tat bazaar eBay takes a rest for 'scheduled maintenance', goes offline

eBay is currently out of action for its users, but the downtime is not because of an unexpected outage. It is instead due to "scheduled general maintenance", the company has confirmed to The Register. That said, fans of second-hand goods cannot presently bid for a pair of old smelly shoes on the popular online tat bazaar. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Omegazeta

UK site works from web browser but from iOS app it's still screwed as of 12.30pm

2. mark l 2 Silver badge

I have a all in one multifunction printer on ebay atm which is worth a couple of hundred quid but currently has 1 bid of 99p and is due to finish in about an hour so i will be seriously pissed if this downtime means i don't get anymore bids on it.

I just tried logging in again 12:45 and although it appears to work, i tried replying to a message and got kicked out and told the function is not available

3. mrdalliard
    Joke

Feedback

Brilliant "scheduled maintenance!" AAA+++++++++++

4. Bod
    Black Helicopters

Scheduled Maintenance

Scheduled sure... by NSA

5. SEDT

Has the Register ever actually visited ebay

"Tat Bazaar, second hand smelly socks".

I guess all the above are available in ebay, along with part worn ladies shoes (don't ask), but for many it provides a good outlet for shed loads of new stuff that they sell to happy customers everywhere. So, old and tatty are somewhat past their sell by date.

6. Mr_Dave

Amazingly at 5pm UK time its STILL bloomin broken! Trying to get some stuff listed before the weekend and I’m hit with:

Feature unavailable

This feature is temporarily unavailable

Your selections have caused errors. Please click Continue below to go back and correct your errors.

My 'errors' was to click on Sell Similar. We've had 3 sales during the day instead of the usual double-figures. Brilliant eh?

7. Mike Flugennock
    Coat

All together now...

"...and nothing of value was lost."

Thanks, you've been wonderful. I'm here all week. Enjoy the buffet.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meh

I took down the back-end database servers of a major commericial retailers' UK Web site at 6am this morning for an essential system upgrade. Everything was back up at 6.12.

/Smug mode off

9. Christopher Blackmore

Time for some new clichés

Every news item your pissed old hacks churn out about eBay uses the same cliché about "tat". Please try to put as much effort into your writing as I put into selling quality items on there. Lazy sods.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Continuous delivery needed

eBay need to move away from the old fashioned 'big bang' maintenance schedule and move towards continuous delivery as per Amazon.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tat Bazaar?

Is the author deliberately trying to provoke responses, billing Ebay as a 2nd hand smelly shoes only place?

Ebay, the, or one of the, largest markets in the world, probably sells more new electronics than quite a large number or large online retailers put together.

That the kind of the thing the author wanted? (Perhaps he secretly wants to praise Ebay through people correcting him. Strange article.)

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like