back to article Nokia wrings Lumia bling fling, but feature-mobes ding stings

Fallen giant Nokia continued to claw its way back to relevance in the second quarter of 2013: it sold 7.4 million Lumia phones, up 32 per cent from the first three months of the year, but losses in its legacy feature-phone business put a slight dampener on the good news. Overall revenue is down 24 per cent, year on year, to €5 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Linux

Nokia Windows?

Nokia phones have one big flaw. They have Windows installed, it just embedded version of it. There is no way that I am going to switch to Windows phone, none at all.

I am going to move android soon. I am switching to a Sony phone.

Anonymous Coward

Re: Nokia Windows?

"I am going to move android soon"

Enjoy your free malware and Google monitoring everything that you do. And lots of glitching and lagging.

"I am switching to a Sony phone."

Supporting the company that bought us root kits to 70 million PCs and infected BiuRay players with Cinavia...

Anonymous Coward

@AC09:53 GMT - Re: Nokia Windows?

Google monitoring ? Like Microsoft is sooo respectful with their users, they are so honest. As for malware, did anyone actually tried to charge you for Windows malware ? Tsk, tsk, those vilains have no respect for poor Windows users.

Unofficial statistics

100% of work colleagues questioned with WP8 phones said they liked them - that's why they got one.

100% of work colleagues with iphones (not as many as there used to be) said they like them but couldn't fit all 28 billion apps available into a 16 Gig handset.

No one in the office commented about Blackberry as they're long gone - too many reboots.

The Android users were too busy setting up their S4's - it takes months apparently.

All of them make 10 minutes of calls a month and five texts for which they pay £35 a month over 25 years..

Meanwhile the operators continue to make staggering profits.

I am 125% sure i have o idea what I'm talking about.

I just want a phone that makes calls and is cheap.

If my phone breaks and the phone provider goers bust I will adhere to the following instructions:-

1) Remove giffgaff sim.

2) Put it in new unlocked phone

3) Make calls whilst reading the continuous flame wars as to whose phone is best on the register.

4) Wear a hat, retire to the garden, and serve chilled a nice pint of cider

Anonymous Coward

@We're all in it together - Re: Unofficial statistics

You mean ...that's why he got one. And those 28 billion apps from Windows app store don't fit on your WinPho storage either. Meanwhile the operators continue to make staggering profits with non-Windows phones and tablets. There, I fixed it for you!

As for cheap phone, I got my Samsung GS3 for exactly 0$ and I didn't spent one single minute customizing it because I'm using it only for making calls as you like to say.

WP8 works better than android.

Having used an Android phone I switched to a windows one, couldn't be happier, no restarts because it hangs, has all the apps I need (make phone calls,keep track of golf score, surf the internet) as an added bonus navigation works much better than on the android thingy. Has all the ones who bashes wp8 really tried it?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018