back to article Ex-Palm CEO Rubinstein wishes HP sale never happened

Former Palm CEO Jon Rubinstein is still proud of the work the ill-fated PDA maker did on its webOS smartphone platform, but when asked if he would have done anything differently there's still one thing that sticks in his craw. "Well, I'm not sure I would have sold the company to HP. That's for sure," Rubinstein told industry …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Big_Boomer Silver badge
    Terminator

BORG

YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIMILATED. YOUR ASSETS WILL BE STRIPPED AND WE WILL USE YOU IN ANY WAY WE SEE FIT. WHAT DO YOU MEAN WASTEFUL, WE REUSE EVERY CHIP TO PRODUCE OUR AWESOME REVERSE POLISH NOTATION CALCULATORS WHICH WILL SOON RULE THE UNIVERSE.

1. Stoneshop
      FAIL

Re: BORG

The only RPN calculators still available from HP are a handfull of financial models that they've been making for 30 years with maybe a tweak here or there. No HP41-like powerhouses, not even a general purpose programmable model.

And RPN IS awesome. HP however, has long ago forsaken that moniker.

2. Ralph B
    IT Angle

Never buy HP again

Before I buy anything (say product "X") I always find it educational to Google for "never buy X again" (in quotes) to see how many hits it gets. Current standings for the top laptop makers (from my version of Google anyhow) are:

Never buy HP again 108,000

Never buy Dell again 94,500

Never buy Apple again 33,700

Never buy Asus again 29,800

Never buy Toshiba again 26,600

Never buy Lenovo again 13,000

Obviously these hit-counts should be modified in proportion to their sales, but I'm a wee bit lazy to do that. (Plus I should be working.) But broadly speaking, there seems to be about 3 times more hate of HP (and Dell) out there than there is for Apple (and Asus). There has to be a reason for that.

3. Master Rod

Rubenstien Phuy!

So you ran the company into the ground. Made it easy for a take over. Sold it to HP to save your hide. You are one despicable dirt bag! I could have run the company better than you. Anybody could have. I loved my Palm Pre, and I was about to get the tablet. Not any more. Damn, I mis my Pre.

Master Rod

4. NETLANDER.CO
    IT Angle

Enjoy the 1.2 billion and be quite.

It's too late to say anything Jon. Just make sure to enjoy those 1.2 billion dollars you and posse collected from HP. Company like HP with great history of killing every single thing they buy is something to think about when selling to HP.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like