back to article North Korea releases first computer game

Just popped a Wii U under the tree? You poor, poor fool: this Christmas your kids won't clamour for Nintendo's latest, the thumb candy they really want is "Pyongyang Racer", the very first North Korean Computer game! We make that assertion because the in-browser Pyongyang Racer is, at the time of writing, down. Servers at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. SuperHoopMango
    Unhappy

The 80's called and would like their programmers back....

That's 8 mins of my life that I'll NEVER get back!

And considering I only have 34 mins left before the Mayan Apocalypse that makes me very unhappy

1. pPPPP

So how did that apocalypse go for you?

2. asdf
      Trollface

hmm

At work so don't want to chance videos but do we finally have a contender for the worst game of all time? Here is the undisputed champion (no offense to superman 64 or ET but talking pound for pound).

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f3HDsgLV68

1. stucs201

Re: hmm

There's also the spectrum version of Sqij to consider too...

2. George Nacht
    Happy

Speaking of Ryugyong Hotel

I can not access it now, but can someone (less lucky) tell me, whether the Ryugyong Hotel eyesore is actually featured between the "monuments" in the game? I know North Koreans have a habit of photoshopping it out of all Pyongyang postcards, photos, and the tourist guides often pretend it does not exist at all. Did they put it in game?

1. pPPPP

Re: Speaking of Ryugyong Hotel

Yes. And it would appear to be finished, and have revolving restaurants. No food, of course.

3. Electric Panda
    Joke

Bow down

This is the best selling and greatest computer game of all time, written from scratch by the Great Leader and Marshal Generalissimo Kim Il Sung in one afternoon without a computer and any knowledge of programming. Every dearly loved citizen of the Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea plays this game regularly and there are local championships. Such work is naturally preferable to the bourgeous south Korean "StarCraft" loathsome propaganda.

You belligerent, viperous and insidious capitalist Yankee pig dogs fail again to show the required deference, so we shall turn Seoul into a sea of fire by launching another fauly ex-Soviet rocket.

1. Tim Walker
      Trollface

Re: Bow down

Kim Il-sung* wrote this game? I knew he was made out by his state personality cult to be a polymath genius, but if dying in 1994 couldn't stop him in his coding efforts, that's quite a testament to his supernatural abilities...

...then again, if the "Eternal Leader" really produced this when he was alive, it might explain the 1980s visuals...

2. Fatman
      Big Brother

Re: Bow down

That made me laugh.

I suspect you forgot the <sarcasm> tags.

Icon appropriate for NKorea!

4. KA1AXY
    Thumb Down

Malware vector?

In other news, NORK botnet gains thousands of nodes...

//riveting graphics

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Missing feature?

Could someone who sat through the whole video (and therefore showed six minutes' more patience than I did), please do me a favour and let me know...

...did they see any portraits of any of the Great/Dear/Eternal/Yadayada Leaders on the sides of any buildings?

If not: well, I'm sure that must be a Gulag-able offence for a hapless game designer...

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. Steady Eddy

Search online for pictures of "north korean traffic police" - they're hot!

8. Sureo

We'll see this in Google Street View soon?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Trojan

This thing must be riddled with spyware. Would you really trust anything coded in North Korea?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like