back to article 4chan founder Moot threatens site for using his handle

The 4chan community site has been home to all manner of jokes, pranks, intentionally offensive imagery, and other juvenilia since it launched in 2003, but one thing it apparently takes very seriously is "Moot," the online handle of its founder, Christopher Poole. As reported by the Betabeat website, attorneys for Poole sent a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Anonymous Coward

Hai, all this talk of 12 yo's. Ive been going to chans for years and I'm 40+.

I'm not moot's personal army but I do think the startup thinks its being clever ripping his name off and deserves a internet kicking. Not by me though, I'll buy some popcorn and watch how this goes for them... Not so well I'd imagine, as if it annoys me enough to form that opinion, I'd hate to see how the hivemind at /b/ reacts.

When you say hive mind I take it you mean the hivesheepmind

Baaah

His "name" is a generic word. Kinda hard to protect. Unless this start-up is aiming for the lulz market segment or something.

Or maybe "moot" in an investor and this is all some kind of PR campaign?

Investor?

This sounds like it might have a grain of truth to it. He was on /b/ today and was very chatty, but ignored every question related to the legal proceedings. On the other hand, it was probably what his lawyers told him to do.

Anonymous Coward

Failure to follow through

he he thought he was such a famous entity, he should have had his handleregistered as a trademark.

Or at least put TM after it - Moot™ then those of us who hadn't heard of him would know that he's famous

Anonymous Coward

right

Please, he got that name on efnet years ago when we all called him m00tard. Then shortened it to m00t, and apparently somewhere along the line decided to replace the 0's with O's.

Anonymous Coward

(Can't think of a title.)

A Steve Jobs doll? Oh yeah, I suppose some would want it. F**king fanbois...

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017