back to article The genetic button that could turn a WOMAN into a CHIMPANZEE

Certain regulatory mechanisms in genes are all that's stopping the human race from turning into monkeys, boffins have found. Humans share over 90 per cent of their DNA with primates, but mankind has somewhat different biology and behaviour. To get that difference from the same genetic soup, the activity of the genes has to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

oo oo oo oo ooo

ah AH Ah AHAHAHAHAH EEE EEE EEE EEE EEE EEE EEEEEEEEEEE

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If you have any poo, now is the time to fling it...

They've been been turning people into chimps for years - just look at the behaviour of the "honourable members" in Westminster if you need any proof.

3. Boris the Cockroach Silver badge
    Coat

Its a lot

closer than you think

Come to the factory where I work and you'll see a bunch of monkeys attempting to operate the machines.(roughly translated: ****ing everything thing up every 5 seconds even the job we designed as un****able)

And why does the boss only hire monkeys? because he pays peanuts

<<grabbing coat and running for it

4. Azzy

mankind has somewhat different biology and behaviour?

Could have fooled me re: behavior...

Also, C for writing and D for for the title. Sometimes El Reg goes over the top with the titles (er, i mean, too far over the top, they're always a bit over the top...)

5. GBE

Turn woman into gorilla: it's been done

Over here in the US, "woman turning into a gorilla" used to be a pretty standard carnival/fair side-show attraction (dunno if they still do it). There's a line of patter about a scientist doing research in Africa and accidental discovery of a serum that causes a person to change back and forth between human and gorilla. There's an attactive woman (in a bikini of course) standing in a large cage. After the build-up, she gradually transforms into a "gorilla", and starts shaking the bars of the cage, which of course, come undone and she escapes -- roaring and threatening the audience. When properly staged and presented, it's actually quite entertaining.

Hint: they do it with a partially silvered mirror and some dimmable lights...

1. Old Painless
      Go

Re: Turn woman into gorilla: it's been done

Sounds like my wedding night - were you there? Are you The Missus???

1. Chika
        Facepalm

Re: Turn woman into gorilla: it's been done

Sounds a bit like gorilla warfare to me

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yeah, brilliant discovery

But if you write a computer program that's 90% like another computer program but with random additions, and then run them both, you'll probably find the execution paths diverge pretty rapidly and the output is completely different.

Which is pretty much what they claim to have discovered.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Yeah, brilliant discovery

Depends if the random differences are comments.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why do it the hard way?

IMO, it would be far easier to turn a man into an ape than a woman, but much less of an accomplishment. I mean, not much needed, what?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.