back to article EE 4G LTE review

EE’s LTE network went live this week, opening its 1800MHz band to the public and becoming the first, and currently only, one of the major operators to offer a 4G service. It has a six-month lead, give or take, on rivals Vodafone and O2, which have to await the outcome of Ofcom’s 800MHz and 2.6GHz frequency auctions before they …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't get why journalists are testing the network 'now' when it's probably got very few people on it - hardly representative?

2. philw1976
    WTF?

Waste of time

On my trip to Japan I saw loads of adverts for 76Mb 4G (http://www.mobilebusinessbriefing.com/articles/softbank-set-for-4g-launch-this-week/22398/), couldn't wait to get it here. As usual we are sold short on some second rate service, 8mb, come on!!!

1. Ed 11

Re: Waste of time

Did you also spot the word 'theoretical' in the article?

3. Annihilator
    Paris Hilton

Hack devices

The most interesting thing from this article (the review was self-explanatory - new network, fast, only where available, v expensive) was that el Reg give out iPhones to their staff. Odd considering the mocking that Apple "fanbois" tend to be given here...

4. blakpawn

EE really cant launch a phone.

EE are really messing customers about with the launch of the Lumia 920.

I have an email from them for an order I placed which has the handset costing £50, but now they have changed it to £200 on their website on the same contract. The phone was meant to be launched Nov 2, but in fact there are conflicting answers from Nokia and EE about availability, I have to wonder if the initial launch details looked good as a deliberate attempt to stimulate interest before then renegading on those details. Not good business.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like