back to article Retailer leaks iPad Mini price list starting at £200

Apple's new iPad Mini will sell for £200, if screenshots on a German site are to be believed. Mobilegeek.de is showing images of an inventory spreadsheet from the German gadget store Media Markt, which shows various models of iPad Minis listed alongside their prices. The cheapest iPad Mini, an 8GB Wi-Fi-only device, is listed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Re: Pricing

"You make it sound like it wont be forever. Dream on..."

Oh, I'm sure it won't, based on current trends, I expect it will drop to around 18% and then rise to 22%.

1. 4.1.3_U1

'"You make it sound like it wont be forever. Dream on..."

Oh, I'm sure it won't, based on current trends, I expect it will drop to around 18% and then rise to 22%.'

25% elsewhere in the EU is not unheard of (Sweden currently, IIRC).

1. Michael Thibault

Tithing, FFS, was limited to 14%. What kind of deal have you done!? And with whom, or what?

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

8GB? Unlikely.

The smallest model of the new iPod touch has 32 GB of flash, so I'd say it's unlikely that they would produce something with only 8GB. I suspect this is made up.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 8GB? Unlikely.

It's made up in Shenzen, right? ;)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: 8GB? Unlikely.

What's your point? Not some anti-China claptrap or let's start another slave labour thread.

Wonder where your Samsung / Nokia / other was made... probably in the same factory.

2. Big_Ted
    Thumb Down

PMSL......

£200 for an iPad Mini ????

No chance, at that price its so much cheaper than the "new" ipad that a lorge number will go for it as the second/third one in the house as well as the only tablet they have.

Imagine it, £329 for one that's only real difference for you average punter is that its a bit bigger and more than 50% more expensive.......

Apple are too smart to do that, more likely is a £259 price to match the price of a refurb ipad2 from their store.....

3. Jeffrey Jefferson
    FAIL

iPad Mini?

Surely that's just an iPod touch then?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: iPad Mini?

No it's not, and don't call be Shirley.

Sorry :-(

4. Efros
    Alert

All these iPads

I wonder if Apple'll ever issue iPads with wings, or those clever ones that stick to the inside of your knickers... wait a minute, guess I got the wrong forum.

1. NightFox
      Facepalm

Re: All these iPads

2010 just called, they said you can keep their joke as it wasn't particularly funny back then either.

1. Mark .

Last time I looked, Apple were still using this joke brand name in 2012. Though I can understand the confusion - there was so much hype and vaporware, islate, ipad etc, and now the same over the "mini", it's hard to remember which is the real products, and which are vaporware.

1. NightFox

I think you're confusing vaporware with rumours. Considering Apple is a company that makes such a big issue of not announcing products until it's got millions of them stockpiled ready to launch within a couple of weeks of the announcement, I think you mean the wild speculation that frenzied fanbois come up with whenever a blurry photo appears from one of Apple's component suppliers. I certainly can't think of any devices that Apple have announced that have failed to materialise.

5. toadwarrior

£40 more isn't bad at all for something that is guaranteed to work. The nexus has had so many complaints about stuff falling apart and the screen losing touch ability on areas that even if they fixed those issues, I'd really be hessitant to buy one. Especially given my experience with an android phone too.

1. Aramando

Don't believe the (negative) hype!

I did have to send back my first Nexus 7 due to a loose screen (I bought it quite early on, by the way), but the replacement is bulletproof, feels really nice in the hand, and works like a charm. I *love* it, it's easily the best £160 I've spent.

If the iPad Mini is £160 (for 8GB) I'd be annoyed I didn't get one of those instead, but even if it's £200 (which will never happen!) I'll remain very happy with my purchase.

2. bluest.one
      Boffin

>£40 more isn't bad at all for something that is guaranteed to work. The nexus has had so many complaints about stuff falling apart...

Nothing Apple makes has manufacturing defects. Is that your point?

Please stay on hold, someone from the internet will be along shortly to list all the ways you are wrong. Refuting your fanoboyism is important to us.

6. Keep Refrigerated
    Terminator

Just so happens...

I'm in the market for a new smaller tablet. A couple of years ago I was warming up to Apple and would have been ready to try out a small form factor iPad. Not now, not after all their vindictive patent malarky. I'm looking at a Galaxy Tab 2 7", would have gone for a Nexus 7 but discovered no SD slot. Still if the rumours about a 32gb Nexus turn out to be true then GoogleAsus will shut up and take my money.

Apple: too little innovation, too much litigation, too late.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Just so happens...

"Not now, not after all their vindictive patent malarky."

If you're going to rule out companies based on moral business practices, Samsung are hardly pure little angels themselves, you know...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apple: too little innovation, too much litigation, too late.

The lack of original comment is ironic.

8. fiatlux

A 8GB Cellular Mini iPad would be a nice, affordable compromise between the iPad 3G/4G and the iPhone.

I loved the BlackBerry PlayBook form factor but the lack of cellular connectivity defeated a bit the purpose of the small size. There is now a PlayBook 4G but its battery life and wireless sensitivity do not seem great. If I had not an iPad 3G already, I'd be very tempted by this new model.

9. This post has been deleted by its author

10. Green Nigel
    Thumb Down

Apples & Pears

The lack of sd slot on any tablet, is a deal breaker for me, why do I not want to use the cloud or even a local one to stream ect? No thanks, forced on to their retail outlets or forever shuffling, squashing in files to & from, is just a clunky time wasting solution, especialy if you want to do anything away from an internet connection. This becomes even more cronic & unworkable with just the 8g (4g usable) to play with.

Is this why the 32g Nexus is set now to release & replace the 16g, (rumoured for the same price of £200? & the 16g to replace the pointless 8g!)

An 8g iPad mini @ £200, (£250 more likely + £20 for the Lightning adaptor), would be just a browser/reader at best, I can't see Apple releasing such a castrated beast.

11. Mike Brown

This is obvious.....

They will drop the iPad 2, and possibly cut the price of the new iPad to the old iPad 2 price. Then the name of the new iPad makes sence; you have the iPad and the mini iPad. That also makes sure that the price points arent too far away from each other, that they canabilise each others sales.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.