It could be the fastest.
But only when:
- not torrenting
- not skyping
- not surfing between the "peak" hours of 00:00 and 23:59
- not sending large attachments. ie bigger than 92k.
- the contention ratio number doesn't look like the same chances ratio of being struck by lightning
- using an approved router. Even if it's shittier than the one you actually have.
- using a PC. Slow internet connection? That not your router or the clogged upstream, oh god forbid...it's your MAC.
- downloading, not uploading
- using UDP, not HTTP. Ignore the quality, watch the speed! Garbage or not, it's still 20mb!