back to article US appeal dismissed in Dotcom case

The USA has suffered another rebuff in its attempts to extradite Kim Dotcom, with Judge Winkelmann of the High Court of New Zealand upholding a previous disclosure order made by Judge David Harvey. The previous order had required the FBI to disclose an extensive amount of documentation to support its application for Dotcom’s …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Vic

Interesting...

> the disclosure would cover communications between US authorities and the MPAA

> and RIAA on behalf of copyright owners.

A tenner says the US will withdraw all extradition proceedings rather than disclose that communication...

Vic.

1. Fatman

Re: Interesting...disclosures...

I would suggest that the MAFIAA leadership is probably shitting bricks over that requirement.

Ponder this possibility:

The MAFIAA, unable to use civil courts and remedies to smack down Megaupload, convinces the US DOJ, to engage in this clumsy operation solely for the purpose of smacking Megaupload down. There is documentary evidence to that effect, and now, according to the NZ courts, must be disclosed. Now what the fuck does the MAFIAA do? If this documentation does get released, it could result in a shit storm for the MAFIAA; while if it doesn't, then the NZ courts are not likely to play ball.

Here is the interesting aspect, if the docs get released, and the suspected smoking gun is found; would the MAFIAA members face the possibility of civil suits from DotCom. The prospect of seeing varied MAFIAA leaders (metaphorically speaking) hung by the balls in public, is just too delicious.

BTW, is `hangthembytheballs.com` available???

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apparently

Dotcom is currently hiding in the Ecuadorian Ambassadorial office in New Zealand

1. RICHTO
      Mushroom

Re: Apparently

Yes - he has been accused of shagging the FBI hard by surprise and without a condom!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hey G-Men

Suffer in ya jocks!

4. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Providing Balance to the Scales of Blind Justice and Bigotted Opinion aka Arrogant Ignorance

Will all those commenting negatively on Kim Dotcom, please sit back and relax and watch this NZ news report and learn a lot more about the case than is generally made known, which is a shame and right dodgy move, but quite understandable I suppose whenever there is no real case to answer or crime to prosecute? ....... Kim Dotcom Exclusive Interview 'I will fight this and win'

And please, don't confirm that title trait in yourself, by not taking just 25 minutes to watch/listen to the video and learn a great deal more than is convenient and helpful for a crooked system bent on exposing its faults to one and all.

1. Anonymous Dutch Coward
      Thumb Up

ManFromMars: Re: Providing Balance to the Scales... etc

Hi Martian,

Are you ok? That last post was readable!!

Regardless, thanks for the content - I agree that whatever Kim may have appeared to be, what the US tried to pull was infinitely worse.

5. Shane Kent

Land of the Free...

now I know what they mean by "you owe me a keyboard".

If DotCOM wins does he get put on the list with Canada? If so, I feel bad for him, because I haven't slept since they put us on that list ;)

Most of what the world uses is tech developed in the USA and much of it sold by US companies. Maybe they shouldn't have put CD and DVD players in every PC making it so easy that even grandma can copy/rip a CD/DVD? Oh ya, and after all that they put Blueray players in PCs??? The way I see it is that some US companies screwed over some other US companies to make a buck, and that is who should be on a list.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like