back to article Vint Cerf: 'COMMUNISTS want to seize the INTERNET'

No less a figure than Vint Cerf has been addressing the US Congress on why the UN can't be allowed to control the internet, whipping up sentiment against a supposed takeover bid and at the same time advocating something at least as controversial. Testifying to the House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee, on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Vital for RapidE Progress ... in a heart and minds capture program that sets you free

Considering the last paragraph of your succinct post, Geoffrey W ...... "But yet another answer is you. I read your posts and though I feel there is something of worth somewhere in your words you aren't communicating whats going on in your head clearly enough for heads outside of your own head (if indeed you possess a head) to get more than a somewhat Burroughs-esque cut-up outline of what you mean. Which may indeed be the point whether by accident or by design. A Turing examination of your posts reveals little. It may indeed be the case that you are the machinery controlling us by attempting to disorient us. We love you anyway. We hope that you love we." ....... and being in the full knowledge of the following Minority Report type bugging facility ......... Playing serious computer games can help hone strategies and operational concepts. But their real value lies in the ability to extract, characterize, and compare the actions of players and teams …… Hot Zone Game Play .... is that which you have suggested, a most valuable blessing to some and a constant APT reality and virtual nightmare scenario to others who would seek unfair undeserved advantage for imposition of perverse and corrupt dominion via domination?

1. unitron

A meritocratic democracy...

...is one in which all animals are equal, but only the ones which are more equal than others get to vote.

1. T.a.f.T.

Re: A meritocratic democracy...

Umm... no it is not.

A meritocratic democracy is one that recognises not all animals are equal and that those with greater merits should be given more of the control. Now the word merit is not defined so it could be intelligence, charisma, physical prowess or pretty much anything. It does not just mean that the rich, the intelligent or the loudest should get more of a say.

We must ask what our (I am from the UK but the EU and USA have recurrent themes) democracies have resulted in and who has ended up in charge. For the UK it is a bunch of people from the old boys club who went to old universities together. For the US it seems that they have had enough of a hereditary oligarchy and have picked someone way down the other end of a fairly narrow political spectrum. On the whole most things seem to be ticking along OK in the west, even if I did rather we pushed for more science, space and sustainability; I am one voice and must accept that I am in the minority.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cue picture

of dog looking into a gramophone.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like