back to article Just like a real computer: Android gets Android IDE

Android developers can now hack code on the move with the beta release of AIDE, the Android developer kit which runs on an Android device to create Android applications. AIDE is at beta version 7, but already allows the editing and compiling of apps, as well as automatic error checking (and fixing) and LogCat visibility. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. heyrick Silver badge

Guide?

Can anybody recommend a good "I've installed the IDE...the hell do I do now?" guide?

1. scarshapedstar
      Angel

Re: Guide?

http://developer.android.com/resources/tutorials/hello-world.html

2. Mr Happy :)

Ok for Kids :)

If your a professional dev then you require serious power lots of ram/larges screen/ mouse or pad. My dev kit is a 27 inch iMac maxed out developing for Android, iOS. BlackBerry and windows phone. A tablet even with keyboard won't hack it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Gotta love the knee jerk MS bashing

...I'm not really sure how anyone can consider using a device powered by Google code after their stunt this month. But then the whole thing has been a storm to watch.

"NO, no I don't want ID cards, covert/overt snooping of my private life."

"YES, give me a shiny shiny with GPS tracking.

You want my contacts, text messages, photos and call log?

Your going to let it act as a replacement for money?

You want me to fund the project at profitable levels for all involved?

weeeeell, normally I wouldn't let my nearest relative have that much info but, okay, if you say it's dual core with a nice screen and more shiny shiny than everyone else's."

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like