back to article Shakira attacked by sea lion who mistook BlackBerry for a 'fish'

Latin pop singer Shakira was "paralysed with fear" after a sea lion lunged for her BlackBerry, she recounted on Facebook. The animal appeared to have mistaken the BlackBerry for a fish, Shakira explained, and lunged for her while she was taking pictures of it on the phone. "I believe what happened is that it confused the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's an easy mistake to make

I once mistake her singing for a cat in pain.

2. David Evans

Sea lions are deceptive

Yes they look cute, they also have a seriously scary set of mouth furniture, and unlike Seals, they can move surprisingly quickly on land; as I found when I was chased up a beach in New Zealand by a male I disturbed when he was trying to cop off with some females out of sight of the Alpha Bull. He was (understandably) not a happy camper.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Dude!

You cock-blocked a frigging Sea Lion?!?

Wow, that's quite a claim!

3. Shakje

Is no-one surprised

that she's actually pretty eloquent? Press release, granted..but it's far better than a lot of UK 'celebrities' usually manage.

4. Jay 2

On a recent trip to Kruger Nataional Park in South Africa, some sound advice imparted to me was that virtually everything in the park could move faster than a human (inc those slovenly looking hippos and water buffalo). Fortunately the closest to grief I found myself was in a 4x4 that was having a Mexican standoff with an elephant. In the end we reversed a bit and he got bored, but it definately taught me a new respect for elephants!

5. carl 10
    Coat

Surely....

Surely Apple has a patent somewhere on "erroneous attacks on celebrities by wildlife with food recognition issues" and will soon be blocking sales of RIM devices?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Surely....

They soon will now someone's thought of it first.

6. Zest
    Unhappy

Cute animals do kill

There was a tragedy in Malaysia late last year when an Australian tourist got killed by a pygmy elephant. The tourist, who was a veterinarian, took flash photography of the animal, which startled the elephant and it ended with the the elephant piercing its tusks fatally into the young female tourist.

7. grumpy ray
    Holmes

townie should stay in the car, it's a dangerous world out there...

" I thought it was cute' (almost a set of famous last words)

Their teeth are damn cute too luv! Perhaps you might like to cuddle a Tasmanian Devil one day... They're cute(ish)

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.