back to article Acorn King Moir: BBC Micros, Ataris and 'BS' marketing

One company you'll be familiar with, and the other less so, yet both were successful pioneers in the personal computing revolution of the 1980s and both were founded by ferociously talented geeks. The first is Microsoft, co-founded by Bill Gates, who capitalised on his initial success in operating systems with MS-DOS and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. This Side Up
    Thumb Up

Impression Publisher

Still using it for a monthly newsletter. There's nothing I'd rather use on Mac, PC or RPC.

I thought CC ported it to Intel as Xara Publisher?

Btw, Artworks is still being actively developed in Germany by Martin Würthner (MW Software) who also looks after Icon Technologies' EasiWriter/TechWriter.

2. Jay 2
    Thumb Up

I remember Wordwise. For me it was on a ROM on BBC B/Master whilst I typed up my A level CompSci project (amongst other things) in 1992. I also recall the different edit and view modes. My mind was blown when I first saw a WYSISWYG word processor on an Archemidies!

3. keithpeter Silver badge
    Linux

Xara Xtreme

Yup - thought it was. Google Xara Xtreme and you will find the open source (sort of) version dating from 2006.

The linux package runs under Ubuntu if you install the libstdc++5 library first.

Bloody fast and makes Inkscape look clunky. I'd pay their current price for a Linux build...

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like