back to article Laptop display pixel counts to quadruple in 2012

Buy one of Apple's next MacBook Pro notebooks and you'll get yourself a - glossy, no doubt - 2880 x 1800 resolution display. So say the inevitably anonymous Asia moles, who add that next year's fresh crop of Ultrabooks - likely to be demo'd at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January but not go on sale until Q2 when …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Eddy Ito

Hoping everyone follows suit

The current crap of laptops and even the new batch of 24 inch monitors with 768 to 1080 vertical resolution is a joke. I'm really glad it works for those watching their 720-1080p movies but those of us who have to work with applications with poorly thought out real estate sucking ribbons locked across the top of the screen are eager to find alternatives and we're looking for workable hardware and software. Pity it isn't easier to migrate thousands of files. Yes, I'm talking to you PTC, come on even Autocad lets you move the ribbon.

2. Jared Vanderbilt

Why not hop to the digital film 4k format.

That way cinema, tv, projector, pc, mac, slab ... would all support the same f'n standard. I'm sick of paying for pixels that don't get used half the time.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Excellent

I'm tired of the 1366x768 crap on most machines. Being wide, it lacks the height required to work comfortably with many programs and looks and feels like the grainy, low resolution shit found in cheap chinese knock-offs.

Computers really did not need to be crippled by the media industry and their 'HD' folly.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like