back to article Apple's cloud music service 'WIPES your iPHONE'

Apple's cloud music subscription service iTunes Match has gone live – for Americans only, at first. Announced in June, the $24.99 service allows subscribers to stream their music collections back from Apple's servers. Unlike other "locker" music services, Apple scans your iTunes library so that much, if not most, of your music …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh for goodness sake

Honestly the Apple hate is getting silly now. 90% of the comments here don't even basically grasp how iTunes sync works. Genuine criticism is fine, but this is just deliberate knee-jerk vitriol. Grow up and make sure you know what you are talking about before shooting your mouth off.

2. tempemeaty
    Big Brother

What the Music industry wants...

It's not about if or not your connection is good or available making it impractical. It's worse than that.

It's about the music industry continuing to fight consumers keeping backups of their paid for music or even now even just keeping any copy of it. Apple is just the f#cktard facilitating it.

3. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Hey you, get off of my cloud!

Call me old fashioned, but I'll stick with an off-line hard drive.

4. Richard Scratcher
    Meh

I can't see this system suiting many people

I watched the video when Steve Jobs introduced iCloud and thought it was all great and about time users had this facility...until he got to music. Maybe the system is fine if you bought all your tracks from iTunes or if iTunes has, and can recognise, your ripped CDs. But if there are items in your collection that don't match Apple's collection, the process is more of a kludge.

I watched Mr Jobs explain this kludge as simply and confidently as he could but I was not impressed or convinced. I thought, no way Jobsé.

For me, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. But it's not the end of the world (that's 2012), if you don't like it, don't use it.

5. B4PJS
    FAIL

Had this ability for a while now

Its called using Windows Home Server and an app for WP7 called My Home Server. Can stream my music or videos from anywhere (that I have signal :-( Thats the only thing iMatch has that is better)

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like