back to article 'iPhone 4 to be free' when new iPhones ship

Upon Tuesday's rollout of the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, the existing iPhone 4 will be offered for the low, low price of nothing at all when purchased with a presumably two-year contract. That is, if a pricing roundup leaked to MacDailyNews from "a sole source [who] has provided reliable information of Apple’s moves in the past" …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. David

Never Happy

It wouldn't have mattered what I said, you wouldn't have been happy. Have you factored in how much the minutes, texts and data allowance you get for the £21.50 a month would work out on PAYG? How does it work out then (I'm genuinely interested as I don't know the answer).

1. magnetik
          FAIL

Happy? I'm super happy with my phone.

Yes, of course I've factored that in. With a £10 topup I can get the same data allowance and three times as many minutes as you get with a £21.50 / m contract on O2.

Over the contract term of two years your 3GS costs £126 more than it costs me to buy a Galaxy Ace outright (which is almost enough cash to buy another Ace incidentally), yet I get three times as many minutes, free tethering and my phone is unlocked.

Still think you're getting a great deal?

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Chad H.

Come now, be fair - how much are you paying for network access?

1. Lusty

pay monthly

Although paying monthly does end up paying for the phone, at least with iPhone my 2 year old bashed up 3GS is still worth £130 even with Mazuma. My housemate has an Android 2 years old which is worth £40 so the extra cost may be worthwhile.

2. David

Update

Just to update you on my question, how much on your PAYG tariff would:

12,000Mb of data

12,000 texts

2400 minutes

cost? Add that onto your handset cost and let me know which is the better deal.

1. magnetik
      Facepalm

See previous answer, except that not only do I get three times as many minutes but forgot to mention the six times as many texts as you get with your contract.

You're kidding yourself if you think you're getting a good deal on such an old phone.

1. David

Fair Dos

Fair dos - you are getting a good deal and clearly a better deal than me.

3. lemmac

^^^ Best bet, get the phone for free on contract, unlock it, remove sim, sell phone at going rate on ebay and use all those lovely and literally free minutes on the sim, paid for by the cash from phone sale, in your existing phone...

4. N13L5

"free"

Journalists quoting corporate deception just pisses me off.

Obviously, that one is not free, just like the other ones don't cost $99 or $199 or whatever the 'official' sticker is.

Don't let our mothers and grandmothers run into the knife of this kind of bs!

Take some responsibility...

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like