back to article Google claims 'bogus patent' conspiracy against Android

Google chief legal officer David Drummond has claimed that Apple, Microsoft, Oracle, and other companies have waged a "hostile, organized campaign" against Google's Android operating system using "bogus patents". "I have worked in the tech sector for over two decades. Microsoft and Apple have always been at each other’s …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Stop

Ahhhh

Ahhhh, poor Google.

So why was Google also bidding for those patents, then, and would this guy be bleating and whining if they had won them?

google fanboys!!!

nice to see that you're active and all fine downrating every single comment which is against google. grow up you freetards!

great article

on this topic can be found here: http://brianshall.com/content/google-are-pussies

Silver badge
Facepalm

I can believe a Hostile campaign

by those 3 but an organised one? Oracle, Microsoft and Apple couldn't work together if they tried. I think it's more likely they share a goal but not the means.

FAIL

Actually...

"Calling the lot "bogus" is a bold statement indeed."

No it's not.

Software patents themselves are completely ridiculous and bogus, in fact, the entire concept of patenting software is utterly idiotic. Software patents must die.

MS Saved Apple?

I hope that was an ironic line for laughs, because I certainly laughed when I read it.

well

they actually have 'saved' them looong time ago with a big investment

@hexx

That is why I was laughing. They didn't save them with that tiny investment ($150 million never mattered to Apple even when they were much smaller).

It was a small effort to boost confidence in Apple because MS was afraid of anti-competitive regulations if they lost the only real OS competitor out there.

But that $150m sure didn't save Apple. The iMac followed by the iPod followed by iTunes followed by the iPhone is what got Apple where it is today. In short, Steve saved Apple.

Silver badge

@Paul: it was more about Office

Microsoft invested a small amount of money but also reinvigorated Office development and promised to continue to support the platform for five years, whatever happens. Prior to the 1997 agreement, Office development for Mac was moribund, which was one of the things making the platform look stagnant at best. In return IE displaced Netscape as the default browser on the Mac, which it continued to be until OS X 10.3 debuted.

So Apple got to look a little more alive and Microsoft got to kick Netscape.

Black Helicopters

Mixosux, Crapple & Orakill, aka scum..

A-holes of the software world. Microsoft has nothing left other than to dump their lawyers & f-wit CEO. Apple is on their final suit & has no more progress left in them. Hence their next bleeding Pad is barely an improvement. As for Oracle, who no-one likes nor cares about anymore, they have nowhere to go bcoz their software is outdated so badly they had to buy someone else's.

Three scummy rats on the road to nowhere, nothing to offer other than to take down a company that is still developing future-filled software. When will the patent office wake up & stop this parade of ridiculous patents that have nothing that isn't either obvious nor is it identifiably different from everything else.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018