back to article Beeb rolls out global paid iPlayer app in €urope

Expats or foreigners who own an Apple iPad and are interested in a weekly dose of Brit TV gruel – grisly East End folk, crappy daytime shows or pointless period dramas – should rejoice, as the Beeb is launching an international version of iPlayer. The on-demand service app will be available in 11 European countries in the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Nick Pettefar

No Sound

Can't get it to play sound through the speaker, just through the earphones. Is something broken? Do I need to reinstall it? Everything else works! I tried switching it off and on again...

2. Dr Andrew A. Adams
    Linux

Linux, Japan, Please!

Well, it's a good start. Once they provide a linux version that's accessible in Japan I'll probably subscribe even though everything is available through bittorrent anyway. I like the BBC and want to support them but there's no mechanism here except watching the adverts on BBC World News (which are awful).

3. Dinky Carter

At last

When I moved to Japan in 2003 I asked the Beeb if they were going to do something like this. They said "yes, sometime soon." So I used a SlingBox for 7 years (and pretty damn good it was too.)

Now that I've just returned to Blighty for good, they've finally got round to it to sorting out the international iPlayer.

BTW The Japanese also have to pay a licence fee. It's more expensive than the BBC fee, and Japanese TV is utter, utter dross AND plagued with ads every few minutes.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like