back to article Romanian NASA hacker fights 'inflated' damage assessment

A Romanian accused of hacking NASA is fighting against an order to pay damages to the space agency. Victor Faur, 27, from Arad, Romania, was ordered to pay $240,000 in damages by a court after he was found responsible for breaking into multiple systems at NASA, along with computers at the Department of Energy and Navy systems …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

NASA...

... some years back I found some major security problems at NASA and contacted them about it.

I got a nice letter from their security admin and the vulns got cleaned up. It didn't hurt that part of what I pointed them at led them to discover a couple of computers used to control spacecraft had been taken over by script kiddies running IRC bots.

It seems this was the trigger needed to _force_ security audits through, which had been denied because of the substantial costs involved.

I had similar experiences dealing with DISA.

If he hadn't been an ass about it, he wouldn't had shown management to have a rectocranial inversion and wouldn't have got them wanting revenge - but that's Romanian(*) skiddies all over.

(*) And a few other countries - IBM.net got into similar hot water over pakistani pest skiddies running rampant on their network, as did Malaysia's 2 main networks. (They discovered if you don't rein in your pests, other networks can't be forced to offer interconnects with you. Israel found that not even drafting their biggest pests into the army could control them.... Where did Ehud get to in the end?)

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like