back to article Amazon's anti-iPad arises 'in October'

Amazon will answer Apple's iPad before October, according to a report citing people familiar with the matter. The Wall Street Journal reports that in the third quarter, Amazon will introduce a full-fledged Android fondleslab as well as two new versions of its existing Kindle ereader. One of these Kindles will include a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Touchscreen Kindle?

Now that could get me to switch from my Sony 650 Reader - which although lovely tech is hobbled by its need to be tethered to the Waterstone's eBook store. It pains me to say it, but Kindle with touchscreen would be pretty much perfect...

...until the next big thing comes along.

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Mirasol screens? Shouldn't they be out by now?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Meh

Hobbled?

Can you explain the "...hobbled by its need to be tethered to the Waterstone's eBook store" comment?

I was thinking of getting one of these, as I quite liked it in the store. I considered self-importing the 950 model because I would prefer a larger screen.

Anyway, what is the hobbling all about?

Dweeb

2. Justin Clements

Just in time!

To get wiped out by the iPad 2S that is rumoured for release in September.

These large corporates making iPad killers - they sure like losing money don't they?

3. TribalTalker
    Big Brother

App Store is totally generic - prior art

Symbian developers can (could? probably none of us left) build programs as .app executables. Thus the notion that Apple can possibly "own" the idea of an application being an "app" is nonsense. It was common usage amongst developers. The stable door is wide open on this one.

Having given them a heads up, I'm waiting for the fruit-themed lawyers to swoop on the cooling carcass that was Symbian, to purge it of the unlicenced, unapproved, unholy and gosh darned unamerican use of ".app".

Did I say unamerican? Apologies to all those nations in North and South America that aren't the US of A.

Apple is a laughing stock amongst developers immune to the reality distortion field. Probably.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like