back to article News International grabs SunOnSunday.co.uk domain

News International bought the sunonsunday.co.uk and thesunonsunday.co.uk domain names late last week, after they had originally been grabbed by unknown individuals as the phone-hacking scandal engulfed the News of the World Sunday tabloid. The final edition of that rag was published yesterday. But it's understood that News …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. bobbles31

erm...

"politicians who discracefully just fall over themselves to do the publics bidding"

isn't this what politicians should do? Or would you rather that they cow tailed to media magnates?

2. Pete 2 Silver badge

It's just business

> has been effectively bullied into closing by shrill crowd of ill wishers.

Not quite.

Last year BSlyB made a profit of around £1Bn

Last year News International made a profit of about £20 Mil. - That's all thepapers in the group not just the NoTW

When it comes down to the bottom line, newspapers are irrelevant to Murdoch, it is likely he would sacrifice ALL OF THEM to get a shot at BSkyB.

In fact the only reason anyone in Britian would own a newspaper is for the vanity and political clout it bestows. You certainly wouldn't do it for the money. I can see that if this whole sorry affair results in the press (free or not) being cut off at the wotsits, then the attraction of being a newspaper baron will evaporate as well. Once that happens the value of newspapers will drop faster than Rebekah Thingy's popularity and they will just close - no matter how high their circulation.

'Corse once newspapers become obsolete, the value of a TV news channel sky-rockets (pun intended) for those who want power and influence but none of the responsibility. And TV News openings are much scarcer that printing presses.

1. Sir Barry

Am I stating the obvious?

I reckon Mediaspring is just a front for News International.

Companies House has only one firm listed - Mediaspring Consultancy Limited and that is shown to be dissolved.

Interesting.....

2. Alan Denman

same old story?

It's yet another Wapping great tale.

3. Andy Enderby 1
    Mushroom

@nomnomnom

So if a guy goes into a bank, tries to rob it, makes a balls of it and gets caught, it's everybody else's fault ? Crap analogy, I know, but really ?

Get real chum, they are alleged to have bugged, blagged and bribed across all of their titles according to breaking news, and the police, who come out of this as badly smeared by some individual officers alleged actions if not worse, are in the position that cases against officers and NI staff could end up compromised by NI wilfully leaking details of the case. They're cycnical and still honestly believe they can get away with all this.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

So to sum it all up...

Same Shit, Different Day.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.