back to article Mac daddy predicts all-knowing, all-seeing UI

In the future, you'll use a speech-based interface to access all the world's knowledge – including your own personal memories – stored in the cloud, according to a legendary engineer who was a member of the team that designed Apple's original Macintosh user interface. "More and more people have smartphones in their pockets …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. TheOtherHobbbes
    Big Brother

Wait, what?

He thinks *banks* are still going to be around when this happens?

2. Michael C

Screw flying cars...

I want a librarian, ala "Snow Crash."

Not just find what I'm asking for, but act on it, and present the data the way I want to see it, and adaptively.

1. Baskitcaise
      Troll

I want a librarian,

Ook!

Troll?

Nearest I could get to a monk....... beep......[NO CARRIER]

3. Dave Murray
    FAIL

Speech interfaces? Again?

I thought everyone that doesn't write for Star Trek had realised by now that speech interfaces don't work and are not the future of computer interfaces. How is it supposed to cope with several people in the same room, some of them talking, one of them using the computer and a TV on in the background? Noisy environments like a train? Or regional accents?

Add in the fact that for those of us who can type it will be slow as hell and all you have is another failed 70s dream.

1. Oninoshiko
      Joke

Even star trek....

had various forms of keypads all over the place (hell IIRC they had one on every wall), sometimes it's just more effecent.

But, presumeably it would apply some type of noise filter (what, they dont have magic noise filters? but it HAS to be true! I saw it on TV)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Oh Shite ...

Dealing with people on an everyday basis is getting increasingly more and more difficult today because it is becoming utterly impossible to drag them away from their FaceFuck or iPhone obsession/addiction as it is. Trying to keep on message and remind the fuckwits why you are there (on billed time) is in itself a full-time job.

This will spell the end of human society and civilisation completely.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like