back to article US man slips into perv scanner-busting undies

US firm Rocky Flats Gear is apparently doing a roaring trade in novel perv scanner-busting underwear - an attractive range of intimate apparel which may protect your naughty bits from radiation and the prying eyes of drooling airport security operatives. According to the blurb, the kit's main aim is "protecting the traveling …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

M7S
Silver badge
Coat

If I were a mischevious tailor, with a customer I didnt like

I'd put just enough of this thread (concealed in the lining of a jacket of course) to show the outline of, say, a handgun under the armpit. It would take the TSA ages to work it out as they tried searching for what the scanner showed them was there.

Now if I owned a clothing factory, somewhere like China, I could introduce this surreptiously into mass produced clothing for a totally random effect. Travel chaos!

Random other shapes could also be used, dynamite sticks, daggers etc

Myself, I'd try one with a big comedy "bomb" on my vest, filled in with the word as a cutout.

Actually my boss is off travelling shortly. Can you get something that shows up on the scanner as a spray? I've some stencils somewhere.....

Thumb Up

A simple solution if you're serious

Just use silver paint, it is made from aluminium dust and will show up great.

Coat

Works for books too...

Using foils of different types of metal (with different densities) it's quite easy to design a "waffer thin" insert that will easily fit in the binding of a hardcover book. Hopefully no one who has picked up any of the books so modified have had the misfortune of having them show up during a luggage scan. Different materials would need to be used for such a construct to display "properly" on the soft-Xray body scan, but I'm sure it can be done.

Please don't misconstrue my comments to suggest folks should actually *do* any of this, of course.

How about...

...a secret picture of Optimus Prime?

Flame

There is a slight problem...

I've challenged TSA at least 3 or 4 times in the past couple years. As a result, I've been put on *a secret list* and have been taken out of line and given a mild interrogation *every* time I've flown since, even domestic flights within the US. On returning from the UK on one trip, I was "kindly asked" to sit in an interrogation room for over two hours, with no actual interrogation other than a gruff "I don't know what you're trying to pull, but you sure as hell aren't going to get away with it" even though I said nothing. As a result I missed my connecting flight, which caused me to miss a business meeting, which lost a very large contract, and because of THAT, I no longer have a job. Nor apparently do I have any legal recourse.

Jobs Horns

But I want to be groped...

I want to patted down, strip searched, a cavity check done, and a semen sample taken...

And I want to complain and ask that be done again because the last one wasn't thorough enough.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017