back to article Provincial outrage over BT's broadband upgrade race

The early standings in BT's competition to find the five communities where faster broadband is most in demand aren't encouraging for anyone living outside the M25, or indeed Zone 1, if an email to entrants today is to be believed. It claims the current top five in the "Race to Infinity" are Bermondsey, Bishopsgate, Canonbury, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

London

Due respect in zone 2 just round the corner from harbour exchange, sovh et al (no word of a lie they're like 60 meters up the road) we can't even get > 105KB/sec afternoon to 2am.

BT can talk all day long but if they can't even get useful speeds in the middle of arguably one of the most connected places in the world what's the point in even discussing anywhere else in the country?

1. The Other Steve

Ah but then

"Due respect in zone 2 just round the corner from harbour exchange, sovh et al (no word of a lie they're like 60 meters up the road) we can't even get > 105KB/sec afternoon to 2am."

Are you sure that you are connected to that exchange ? I get >=7Mbps for much of the time, and had assumed it was because I was very close to the city's main exchange. But I had the Openreach chaps out the other day to replace an overhead cable that had been mauled by a rogue tree, and it turns out that I am in fact connected to one much further away, as is everything south of the CBD.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

er ... and beyond?

What a swizz. Persons with already fast broadband will be likely eligible for the newer speeds. Come on BT\.Gov its time to pull your finger out, Leaf out of book and increase our national average to match the Finnish.

2 Mbps broadband connection by 2012 pffft its embarrassing.

3. Chris Puttick
    Happy

I'd just like to say

Last time I checked, our (reet rural) exchange was winning...

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019