back to article Samoan clerics finger homosexuals over global warming

Clerics in the South Pacific have fingered the key cause of climate change - homosexuals. The revelation came at a conference at the University of the South Pacific considering the implications of Climate Change and Creativity. Academics were apparently thrown off their consideration of "Arts in the Age of Global Warming" and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Alexander Vollmer

Coincidence

All my gay acquaintances prefer beef to tofu, that might be the reason. Beef is one major source for greenhouse gas.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There seems to be a theme here...

This is akin to the recent revelation by the Iranian cleric that earthquakes were being caused by girls revealing too much Bulgarian Funbag cleavage.

1. LaeMing

When boosoms shaketh

"When boosoms shaketh--

so shaketh the Earth."

So says the book of Lae 3:23

2. LaeMing

When a man layeth wit another man

"When a man doth layeth wit another man--

temperatures are sure to rise."

So sayeth the book of Lae 2:43

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round...

So sayeth the book of Queen c.1978

3. Morpho Devilpepper
    Coffee/keyboard

Jesus wept...

God, those article titles...when will I learn not to eat whilst perusing the Reg? Cough, choke, hack...

At any rate, seems to me that religion and it's accompanying hot-air dispersal would be a more likely culprit for climate change.

4. ClosedJar

Oh..dear..

I will not wonder again how come the human race has survive this long. It has to be a miracle. It just got to be a miracle or Alien meddling? Maybe they were smoking funny green stuff when their brain fell on the ground and came up with this idea. Or maybe, just maybe they are afraid to come out of the closet? I don't know, is just that I don't want to think that there are such moronic people on the face of the planet!! Well, I will stop thinking now and put on my aluminum cap. Whatever is going on I don't want to catch it. : - )

5. Scorchio!!

If anything

If anything homosexuality is likely to be correlated with a decline in 'warming' (scientifically it is more accurate to speak of climate change). Why? Because homosexuals are less likely to make that product most associated with climate change; more people. That must be why Brighton is such a cold place. ;-)

6. Aussie Brusader
    Thumb Up

I find these types of arguments useful

I know that I can completely ignore any else the person says as they have no idea of what's happening.

7. John Savard

Volcanoes

I thought that gay people cause volcanoes and lascivious women cause earthquakes, but global warming is still caused by burning fossil fuels - after all, doesn't the Bible have something to say about proper stewardship of our planet, not just sins of the flesh?

8. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

Extraordinary claims....

....require extraordinary proof.

Over to you god-botherers.

1. Scorchio!!

Consultations follow

They're now busily speaking with their invisible friend in the corner. This might take a few aeons.

9. Ashley Stevens

Pirates, not homos

This is obviously rubbish, everyone knows that lack of pirates cause global warming. It's proven, there's a statistical correlation, so it must be true! ;-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PiratesVsTemp_English.jpg

10. WukWuk

Clerics, Climate, & Homosexuals

OK, sure these clerics are acting stupid and simply voicing their antipathy for homosexuals.

But, they are also demonstrating that they have no clue about the global warming scam and should not be assigning blame arbitrarily.

"Details of exactly how the ministers think homosexuals are pumping more CO2 into the atmosphere, thereby trapping heat around the planet, driving up the average temperature and causing massive economic and environmental dislocation are scant."

The phrase "trapping heat around the planet, driving up the average temperature and causing massive economic and environmental dislocation are scant" simply is not true and not happening; they are showing their total ignorance of the real situation.

Heat cannot be trapped by a trace gas.

There has been absolutely no massive economic losses.

There has been no environmental dislocation. No increased storms, droughts, hurricane, fires, or tornadoes. No unusual changes in sea level. No ocean acidification. No problems with the Arctic ice or the burgeoning polar bear population. No species extinctions. All dire predictions are derived from non-scientific computer prognostication which makes roulette wheel look better at prophecy.

Every claim of the warmist faction can be explained by other effects, natural or from mismanagement by man unrelated to CO2. One reason why this holds so true is that we have not warmed since 1995 and have been cooling since 2002, more rapidly since 2006.

None of their claims of the effects of warming can be true as we are cooling. It's fait accompli!

11. aryx

Typical medieval attitude

South Pacific churches are basically medieval in their views and their ministers are notorious for taking all the money they can from their impoverished parishioners. The ministers are totally removed from everyday life and should be ignored as the sad pathetic hypocrites they are.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like