back to article Jobs takes swing at Google over Android activations

Google and Apple's bush war flared up again as Steve Jobs apparently cast aspersions over Android's activation numbers as he unveiled Apple's latest iPod and TV scrub-up yesterday. During his discourse, Jobs said that the iPhone OS was seeing around 230,000 activations a day. Crucially he said these were all new activations, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Shagbag
    WTF?

Of those Apple registrations...

...I'd like to know what proportion was (a female, or (b) male "in touch with their feminine side" as the iPhone has an overtly feminine design.

2. LawLessLessLaw
    Boffin

I want amateur hour in my living room

but they always switch to encrypted after 15 minutes!!

3. Danny 5
    Stop

even if apple made the best products in the world

i would still hate them.

i have no valid reason for hating apple, none whatsoever, but i hate them so incredibly much. i think this all stems from the MAC vs PC flamewars i was involved in many years ago. even if apple made the best products in the world, i still wouldn't buy any of their products.

if i had any sense, i'd judge them on their products, most of which are pretty good, but i cannot get myself to even try them.

1. John Bailey

Same here..

It isn't the products. It's the fanboys. And sadly, Jobs is the worst of the lot. How sad is it when a fanboy worships himself?

The mind numbingly technologically illiterate PR eating morons who by sheer weight of ignorance make us want to strangle them with their own posy white ear buds as they regurgitate the latest gospel according to Jobs are the problem. I can see why that journalist wanted to hit the Scientology guy.. ifans are the exact same.

I actually saw one of them on some forum try to make out their iProduct was faster than a dual core PC because it loaded a web page slightly faster.

Apple products are most likely ok. But the sheer amount of nonsensical whining and smug bragging from not only the fanboys, but his holiness as well is too much to stomach. At least Steve Ballmer is funny. Jobs just looks like a cross between a televangelist and someone's creepy uncle.

4. Robert E A Harvey
    Big Brother

apple TV

"other technology companies did not seem to understand that consumers didn't want a computer in their living room. "

Or, in mine, a TV. If big, historic, broadcasters can't make anything wort watching, what reason is there to suppose a control freak's overpriced online store would be any better?

5. Rex Alfie Lee
    Joke

Toolie Jobs, the Grandstanding Wally...

Steve, you are a complete wally. For those not from Oz this describes a moron & yup, Jobs is that too. Now he represents a wally who is infantile & thinks that "because Apple had more activations", means that more will buy Apple. What he doesn't realise is that the nerds (computer junkies, tech-types etc) are the ones buying Android, not Google. In the car industry, the higher tech, usually reserved for racers, eventually wins over the general public & the same is true of Computers.

Android is better by tech degrees of betterness & whilst the Apple may look good, the functional betterness of Android will prevail. That's why Toolie Jobs makes little snide attacks at Google on a continual basis. Problem is his own tool is probably a little one & so he grandstands like a little man in a big car.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

d heads

"Industry watchers quickly jumped to the conclusion.."

Fools rush in. They know now't, so they guess.

What ever happened to 'if you don't know, keep your mouth shut' ?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like