back to article Internet 1 - England goalkeeper 0

The internet loves nothing more than an excruciating moment of embarrassment caught by the cameras. When that moment happens to be in the middle of a World Cup match between England and the United States, well... Robert Green Robert Green As many online viewers have pointed out, even the hoardings at the side of the pitch …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sponsored by BP

"The goal, she have spring a leak!"

/coat

2. J-Wick
    Linux

Not that I like baiting Reg Readers..

...But I listened to Chris Moyles (a perennial reg fave) commentate on the NZ game this morning (US time) and found it very amusing.

As far as the England game goes, if they had played like they did in the second half for the entire game (as in 'oh shit we might actually lose and our WAGS would dump us!') the score could have been 2-0 or even 3-0. Oh well.

3. GavinC
    Joke

*WARNING* - Robert Green Virus

*WARNING* A new virus is doing the rounds, dubbed the "Robert Green" Virus. It leaves infected users with the inability to save anything...

I would grab my coat, but its summer, and its actually sunny, so I didnt bring one today.

4. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Football

Why am I reading this article? Why am I even posting? I hate football!

Luckily, in these days of emerging "selective" (ie I choose what and when) media, I'm not getting it rammed down my throat as in the days of yore. It's trying damned hard, mind - but it will not win; I shall remain "football free".

I no longer need to bristle at the semi-religous monologues, the near-tribal warfare it can induce, the utter trainspotter-ness of statements like "...oooh, do you remember the West Ham v Ranger match in jun 1982, in the 52nd minute when Joe Over-paid-poser chipped a cross from left field, and.....etc etc.", or the evagelical tones of commentators that it is *the* game, or how new British World Champions in sport X are bumped to a 1 column inch paragraph while some ball-kicking tosser from the 4th division makes sport headlines after admitting he prefers tomato sauce with his chips, not HP.... Etc Etc.

There's no "No Football" icon?

1. Sir Runcible Spoon
      Joke

Sir

So what are you anoraky about then? It must be something if you post on here :)

I remember old computer games, such as Jet Boot Jack, in great detail - but I don't talk about that.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like