back to article Blokes spend 11 months in shed

A survey of 3,000 blokes has confirmed what most of us already knew - that during our lifetimes we'll spend an impressive 11 months holed up in the shed, and not necessarily doing anything constructive. According to the Sun, the average geezer will retreat to his wooden bolt-hole for for three hours, 20 minutes a week. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD

I would like to know...

Can anyone tell me how to build a shed in an apartment?

2. deadlockvictim
    Thumb Up

Go to Donegal in Ireland to see how to use sheds properly

Battle lines drawn at 'bog bar'

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055216662&page=3

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/battle-lines-drawn-at-bog-bar-1321193.html

3. MeRp

Man Cave

In the US... at least around here... this is called a man cave. It is where we can go to get in touch with our more primitive side. Usually here it is a garage, though some have a shed or a shop to get all cave man in.

It is a place of simplicity and where your list of tasks gets shorter due to completion, rather than longer. If you finish something outside the man cave, it is nearly inevitable to hear "since you've finished that so quick, why don't you ..." followed by a list of various increasingly onerous tasks.

4. druck Silver badge
    Alert

Re: sometimes

Any decent shed will be full of oily bits of equipment, cobwebs and spiders, no women will venture there - thank gawd!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

uncle wilco

Thanks you can still share your shed for Shed of the year which commissioned this survey until 20th May over at www.readersheds.co.uk

6. fred #257
    Pint

Another brilliant misleading headline...

I instantly thought "what the heck were they doing for 11 months in a shed?"

Trying to set some sort of Guinness record? Hiding from the authorities who for some reason couldn't cross the threshold? (Like the old law of sanctuary in churches). Building some project and they forgot what the time was?

The truth is so much more mundane...

(The icon is one thing sheds are good for....)

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.