back to article Revolting postmen force early Windows 7 launch

Windows 7 orders are arriving in some UK customers’ letterboxes three days ahead of the operating system’s official launch. Currys and PC World have shipped some editions of the software early in a move to try and offset the pain customers face from Royal Mail's planned 48-hour strike on Thursday 22 October, which happens to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Got mine!

Arrived this morning. I'll get that installed tonight. Hopefully they've finally fixed the slow file copying bug and sorted out the weird problem I get with boot times on my desktop...

Thumb Down

Delay

Play posted mine on Monday, no sign of it so far. Mind you I still haven't received the 4GB Memory Stick Pro Duo they allegedly sent two weeks ago (and annoyingly I can't report it for another week).

Given the usual delay of stuff from Play, the delay imposed by the postroom at work, and the bloody striking posties I probably won't see Win7 until next week.

@Nobby again

How many tears to you want in that Tea, Dispatched for delivery via DHL today and at the pre original pre order price for Professional E Edition, Which means that I get the full version instead

Paris Hilton

Amazon @Neil Williams 1

Got mine yesterday (21st) from Amazon, had it installed within an hour.

@nobby - Yes Amazon have a price guarantee, the 50% offer was valid if you pre-ordered before the end of August, so I got mine for about £60.

Paris - because she'd probably cancel her Windows 7 pre-order without reading the price guarantee too.

Thumb Up

Amazon

@ Neil Williams 1

My pre-ordered copies of Windows 7 Home Premium arrived bright and early this morning courtesy of those nice people at DHL and Amazon.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2018