back to article Office 2010 to come loaded with WGA's bastard child

Microsoft has stretched its twitching anti-piracy tentacles more widely across the globe with the expansion of its Office Genuine Advantage Notifications program into 13 more countries. The software giant confirmed yesterday that 41 countries could now enroll in Redmond’s voluntary program that offers end users “enhanced …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

Silver badge
Happy

@Fred Flintstone

"...Outlook is the only remaining bit of the Office suite I use, forcibly. .."

Try Thunderbird with the Lightning plug-in. It seems to do everything that Outlook does and it's free. I started using it when I discovered that Win7 RC does not let Outlook 2000 send e-mail.

Thunderbird installed (with Lightning for calendar and tasks), problem sorted.

Paris Hilton

A Real Ferry Tail...

This article reads like "The Good Witch Against The Bad Witch", and of course we all know who is supposed to be the bad witch....except the bad witch thinks she/he/it is really the good witch and all those 59%'ers who do not pony-up list price for the software the good witch (who is really the bad witch) peddles from her/his/their bicycle basket are just trolls milking her and her systers of what they should really be the only ones to own and they rent us the---

Run on sentence? Doesn't make any cents to you? Have you listened to Microsoft lately? Did you watch Bill dance? You probably voted AGAINST health care too!

I'm goin' back to DR-DOS and Hercules graphics..

No one would care

If they'd just be honest about it. You want to protect your revenue, big wow - admit it and we'll stop giving a rat's ass. Well, most of us anyway.

Badgers

-$50bn sales = $50bn in lossees? since when.

“In 2008, 41 percent of software on the world’s PCs was obtained illegally or used without a license… That equates to more than $50bn in losses for the global software ecosystem.”

Ignoring the citation needed bit. I wonder if it has crossed anybodys mind that maybe a good chunk of that $50bn is fictisius (spell checker needed). I suspect if most of these people had to choose to pay for it or live with out it, they would do the latter. £100 for windows is quite heavy on the pocket, and then the even heavyer wallop of office is easly passed the point of funnie.

I could happly live with out MS if they had not locked all games companys into there Direct-X which they then used to leaverage the X-Box. At least Eve-online runs on Mac & Linux as well as MS OS's.

When I am king of the world there will be some changes.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2017